Hello

BrownODC

As a lurker here for some time, and wants to drop a greetings in this forum. As a long time deaf employee at UPS.

Am wondering if your center have any deaf employees or is there other deaf BC members here? Or do you know any deaf friends? I'd love to be able to interact with fellow UPSers.

Cheers.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Explore01, welcome to the Brown Cafe! I have a little hearing loss myself from all those years working in the Hub around conveyor belts and then the last 26 from driving. I have to change the settings on my radio to hear certain tones.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thanks Dave, is your son hard of hearing? I have 70db loss in my ears that is pretty close to profound deaf but I can hear sounds when I wear hearing aids.

He has about 50% loss in the higher ranges. He was born with it--we just thought he was a really quiet baby. Has not slowed him down one bit.

bigbrownhen

Welcome Explore01. I am not aware of anyone in my area with a hearing impairments, but I am looking forward to your posts. You will have an interesting perspective we will really enjoy.