Help! Am i @ the correct pay rate?

StopTheAct

Hello, Fellow Upsers.. This may of been Posted Before... But im New to this Forum..So let me Slide on this one..

Ive Been With UPS Since 8/98
and Finally Decided to go Driving around 8/07.
The thing is i Jumped Straight into the Full time position..
Never air Drove or Cover drove... Stupid Mistake, But i didnt wanna Play the
bull***T game of.. AM I Going to work/what are they going to have me doing today...
So i took that Full time job when the Bid sheet went up!!

My current pay rate is $18.90
and ive been getting the run around on when im going to top out!

is it 24,26 or 30
Someone told me i was Under the Old contract.. and should be 26....

either way im almost there with the $10+ Jump.. but I want to be on top of things..
Thanks Guys in advance..:surprised:

JonFrum

You fall under the "old" Contract. So you make Top Rate after two-and-a-half years (30 months.)

The "new" Contract, for driver entering the classification after August 1, 2008, requires a three year wait (36 months) to make Top Rate.

Be sure to read Article 41, Section 2, c in both Contracts. Do not read Article 41, Section 2, a.

Theichii

I cover drove for the better part of last year OP, and my rate is 24.86 or something like that as a cover driver and it is still the same now that i am full time.I know for a while there was a driver who went from pt sup to full time driver and he was making less than i was for a while till he hit his full progression at top rate. I started full time in january so hopefully i would hit full pay sometime in 2011 when top rate is 30.81

StopTheAct

thanks 30 months...
sounds correct!

also Where should i be at progression....
is there another pay jump.. or i go straight to the top @ 30 months?

once again..all is appreciated!!! thanx guys!!

JonFrum

UPS98, unless you were "red circled" at a rate higher than the progression rate, you should have been bumped up to the new progression rates on August 1, 2008, and received the semi-annual General Wage Increases from that date foreward.

OLD CONTRACT:
ARTICLE 41. FULL-TIME EMPLOYEES
Section 1. Full-time Wage Increases
(c.) The progression for employees entering a package car driving or feeder position after August 1, 2002 shall be as follows:
Start $14.70
Seniority $15.75
Twelve (12) months $16.80
Twenty-four (24) months $18.90
Thirty (30) months (current top rate)

Part-time employees on the payroll as of July 31, 2002 who subsequently are promoted to full-time employment as a package or feeder driver will be red circled until such time as the calculated progression rate exceeds that rate. The transfer date will become his/her full-time start date for purposes of applying the above progression.

If a part-time employee bids to a feeder or a package car driver position and the top rate of the classification is less that his/her current rate, the employee shall be placed at the top rate of the new classification immediately.

This Subsection shall supercede any provision to the contrary in any Supplement, Rider or Addendum.

NEW CONTRACT:
ARTICLE 41. FULL-TIME EMPLOYEES
Section 1. Full-time Wage Increases
All full-time employees who have attained seniority as of August 1, 2008 will receive the following general wage increases for each contract year. In each of the years, the increase shall be paid in two (2) equal installments. The first half of the increase shall become effective on August 1 of the specified year. The second half of the increase shall become effective on February 1 of the following calendar year. The total wage increase for the year will be as follows:
2008 seventy cents ($0.70)
2009 seventy-five cents ($0.75)
2010 seventy-five cents ($0.75)
2011 eighty-five cents ($0.85)
2012 ninety-five cents ($0.95)

Full-time employees still in progression on the effective date of this Master Agreement [Dec. 17, 2007] shall receive the above contractual increases. They will be paid no less than what they are entitled to in accordance with Article 41, Section 2 below.

Section 2. Full-time Wage Progression
(c) The progression for employees entering a package car driving, feeder or other full-time job (other than an air driver or a job covered by Section 3 below) position after August 1, 2008 shall be as follows:
Start $16.10
Seniority $17.25
Twelve (12) months $18.45
Twenty-four (24) months $20.75
Thirty-six (36) months Top Rate

Part-time employees on the payroll as of July 31, 2008 who subsequently are promoted to full-time employment under this paragraph will be red circled until such time as the calculated progression rate exceeds that rate. The transfer date will become his/her full-time start date for purposes of applying the above progression.

If a part-time employee bids to a full-time position and the top rate of the classification is less than his/her current rate, the employee shall be placed at the top rate of the new classification immediately.

This Sub-section shall supersede any provision to the contrary in any Supplement, Rider or Addendum.

Article 41 Section 2(c) of the prior Agreement shall remain in effect for all employees in that progression as of the date of the ratification [Dec. 17,2007] and those who enter the progression between the date of ratification and August 1, 2008.

Dookiebrowns

When you make full scale your pay rate should be just over $29.00. You will make what every other full scale PC driver makes. Congrats.