Help! Health insurance dropped!

Nappykaukau

Hello everyone, I am in a jam. I am injured and put ofwork for 1 month. I have 30+ year’s full, time working for these guys.
My question is can my health benefits be dropped without my knowing (by HRO). I amcurrently need of surgery and was informed (by my doctor) I have no insurance. My condition is serious and was not informedof any administrative actions by human resources. I understood that if an employee was injured unableto return to work HR has to keep Health insurance up to date and inform aemployee of changes that would affect the employee.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Hello everyone, I am in a jam. I am injured and put ofwork for 1 month. I have 30+ year’s full, time working for these guys.
My question is can my health benefits be dropped without my knowing (by HRO). I amcurrently need of surgery and was informed (by my doctor) I have no insurance. My condition is serious and was not informedof any administrative actions by human resources. I understood that if an employee was injured unableto return to work HR has to keep Health insurance up to date and inform aemployee of changes that would affect the employee.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What company do you work for?
What position?
Union or non-union?
If Union, what local?

You make these known, you stand a better chance of getting answers.

ABDON

Banned
According to me life insurance is good for health and family also.Insurance protect us by financial problems and give us healthy benefit....

brown bomber

brown bomber
let's see...injured on the job, Workmens Comp., if it's off the job it should be Short Term Disability (STD), which should be covered through the union...For the 1st 6 months, then you will transition into Long Term Disability (LTD ) after that which should be provided by UPS...at least that's how it worked in my region

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

let's see...injured on the job, Workmens Comp., if it's off the job it should be Short Term Disability (STD), which should be covered through the union...For the 1st 6 months, then you will transition into Long Term Disability (LTD ) after that which should be provided by UPS...at least that's how it worked in my region

It would also be a good idea to add Supplemental Health Insurance---it will help to make up the difference between your take home pay and STD/LTD/Comp payments. I went to the ER two weeks ago for bronchitis and received a $200 check from Combined. My daughter calls it "scam insurance" but she doesn't realize that Comp does not pay the bills.