HELP!!!!!!!!!!!In the office every AM!!!!

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
We can not use sort and load. If we do, the boss removes it. Basically we are loading our trucks for free.

How do you figure. You are paid an hourly wage to be there. Unless your working off the clock you are getting paid to work as directed. If you are off the clock shame on you and the company for allowing it. That is a clear contract violation and should be grieved by any person that sees it happening.

upserr1

Every day is diiferent out there weather traffic bulk waiting at the dock load condition customer asks question sales lead (lol) there isn't a day goes by that you can do the same thing day in day out time wise,when they bring you in to the office for what ever reason listen to what ever they have to say your getting paid , then go do your job as long as you do your job as taught and follow the methods and do everything safely they can't do anything. when it comes down to them trying to, file a harassment grivence

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How do you figure. You are paid an hourly wage to be there. Unless your working off the clock you are getting paid to work as directed. If you are off the clock shame on you and the company for allowing it. That is a clear contract violation and should be grieved by any person that sees it happening.

I think what he meant to say is that in his center they are not given a time allowance for closing out their pkg cars. They are on the clock but they are expected to make up the lost time on the road.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
Excessive AM time here is essentially a game of "kick the can"....which will probably end when ketter shows up and cannot understand why a building with sooo much "compliance training" does not do so well on the DOK...

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I think what he meant to say is that in his center they are not given a time allowance for closing out their pkg cars. They are on the clock but they are expected to make up the lost time on the road.

Exactly. If I load for 10 minutes and end up with a 10 hour dispatch it should have been a 10 hour 10 minute dispatch. In a bonus center I'm getting screwed out of that 10 minutes.

grgrcr88

Exactly. If I load for 10 minutes and end up with a 10 hour dispatch it should have been a 10 hour 10 minute dispatch. In a bonus center I'm getting screwed out of that 10 minutes.

No you didn't the am time has an allowance just like everything else. Not that it matters, you get paid by the hour. It is not possible for the company to give something an allowance for 10 minutes and not the rest of the time. The 10 minutes of AM time the company continues to harp on is only a number someone at a desk came up with trying to rush you out of the building. There is no difference in allowance for AM time after 10 minutes. The difference in how it is coded only affevts which department the time gets coded to. AM time goes against the preloads inside time, which is where that time has been decided by the company to be budgeted for, it has nothing to do with your pay.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
The AM time does affect your over/under and should be charged against the preload.

I actually had a sup RUN through the parking lot yelling my name, only to take my board and back my leave-building time by 45 minutes to 10 minutes after my start time. Seems our management was somehow getting chewed out for the pre-load manager's ineptitude. I begrudgingly keep in mind that if I falsify documents in this manner, I will be fired for dishonesty.

packageguy

Just to let you guys know, it's not under /over anymore, our center calls it
demostrated level of production. When you get ojs 3 days they average it out.
what ever the number is, is what they are holding you to. If you cannot mantain
your numbers , 1st warning letter 2nd suspense 3rd letter of discharge.
They don't want to know anything.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I actually had a sup RUN through the parking lot yelling my name, only to take my board and back my leave-building time by 45 minutes to 10 minutes after my start time. Seems our management was somehow getting chewed out for the pre-load manager's ineptitude. I begrudgingly keep in mind that if I falsify documents in this manner, I will be fired for dishonesty.

I would have told him or her that I would be changing it back to accurately reflect my leave time and that in the future they could feel free to change it to whatever time they see fit after I clock out.
For those who aren't aware; any time management changes a time card record for an hourly, there is an electronic time stamp left by the person making the alteration.
If "they" want to falsify records; I say let them do it in their name, not mine.

P.S. This isn't refusing to work as directed, it's refusing to be dishonest.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

You cannot get screwed out of something that you were never entitled to in the first place.

grgrcr88

your talking about 2 different things, Over/Under is the time allowance the company has alloted to every thing you do in the day compared to the actual time spent doing the same tasks. It is something the Union does not recognize and could care less what the company says about it. Demonstrated level of production is based on SPORH(Stops Per On Road Hour) This is the amount of total stops devided by the number of hours on road. It is a production standard that the Union has agreed to and discipline can be issued for failure to maintain. However, the comparison of OJS rides and after should be apples to apples. Meaning the days should be similar in stops, area, miles, package count, driver release stops, weather, load quality and whatever else may have happened in the day to affect your SPORH. Do not be confused into thinking one has anything to do woth the other. SPORH is the only thing that will be recognized.

bigblu 2 you

so how many discharges so far???? my guess,,none. just work safe ,follow methods and stay thirsty my friends.

We've all seen the flavor of the week thing swing back to A.M. time many many times, nothing new. Somewhere up the line of management someone notices there is a problem with getting the drivers out of the building on time. The 10 minutes "allowed" for a.m. time is supposed to be a national average of how long it takes to get out of the building, assuming the preload is wrapped and the trucks are ready to roll (yea that happens so often). When the management person see this excessive time they issue a mandate to the CMs to get this time under control, thus they all of a sudden have various reasons why they want you to falsify your time card so the time doesn't show up. This in turn makes the drivers unproductive (report wise) for the first 30-45 minutes. When a center manager is told by his/her boss that he better get those numbers in line , (not fix the problem) or they will find someone who can, they find a way to comply.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
your talking about 2 different things, Over/Under is the time allowance the company has alloted to every thing you do in the day compared to the actual time spent doing the same tasks. It is something the Union does not recognize and could care less what the company says about it. Demonstrated level of production is based on SPORH(Stops Per On Road Hour) This is the amount of total stops devided by the number of hours on road. It is a production standard that the Union has agreed to and discipline can be issued for failure to maintain. However, the comparison of OJS rides and after should be apples to apples. Meaning the days should be similar in stops, area, miles, package count, driver release stops, weather, load quality and whatever else may have happened in the day to affect your SPORH. Do not be confused into thinking one has anything to do woth the other. SPORH is the only thing that will be recognized.

The union recognizes SPOHR???
That's news to me.
SPOHR is nothing more than an over simplification of the ball of wax.
As you alluded, there are many factors that effect SPOHR, much the same as the company's allowances.
I'm not saying it hasn't been part of the company's case before, just that I've never seen our panel site SPOHR as a reason for discipline nor has the company pushed it past a letter of record.
Hopefully our union panel members in Tennessee are smart enough to know better than to open that "Pandora's Box".

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The union recognizes SPOHR???
That's news to me.
SPOHR is nothing more than an over simplification of the ball of wax.
As you alluded, there are many factors that effect SPOHR, much the same as the company's allowances.
I'm not saying it hasn't been part of the company's case before, just that I've never seen our panel site SPOHR as a reason for discipline nor has the company pushed it past a letter of record.
Hopefully our union panel members in Tennessee are smart enough to know better than to open that "Pandora's Box".

I want to know how his region allows sporh to be seen and heard, even disciplined, when the contract makes it clear the only production measure is a fair days work and best of ability, etc. That is one of the most bass-ackwards things I've heard in a while.

I understand he talked about this last year or a couple years ago, seems like an utter fail by the Teamsters, honestly.

Not surprising.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
so how many discharges so far???? my guess,,none. just work safe ,follow methods and stay thirsty my friends.

Well, if you read through that thread you'll see that it wasn't just a straightforward case of "Company does 3 day OJS, driver subsequently fails to maintain demonstrated SPORH, driver fired". That guy basically hung himself for reasons that I don't really understand. The bottom line is that if you're the kind of driver who comes to work everyday and does the job the way you're supposed to, by the methods, this isn't something that you need to worry about.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
only production measure is a fair days work and best of ability, etc.

....change to best demonstrated...kind of hard to argue after 1,2 or 3 days on the car and the driver is doing better then before the ride.

Last edited by a moderator: