Help Klein Find A Job.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Sexyupsguy's window? Oh , Sexy, where art thou?
2050.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pickup

You and Dizzee, gave me my morning laughter.... thats forsure! :)

Came accross this the other day, on the city of Edmonton website:
Click on the video "Economic Powerhouse".
Soo, many jobs here....but almost getting too old for retraining, sucks.

http://www.edmonton.ca/economy.asp?id=8928

just to give you an update" sexyupsguy (or was it sexyupsman?) use to post here with an avatar that looked suspiciously like the picture that Steve posted.

as for "so many jobs here. but almost getting too old for retraining, sucks"

could be worse like "no jobs here" . Keep your head up and do the best you can . I assume the unemployment checks are coming in. Take advantage of this time to find something that is as close as good fit to something you would like doing. Best of luck.

klein

Für Meno :)

as for "so many jobs here. but almost getting too old for retraining, sucks"

could be worse like "no jobs here" . Keep your head up and do the best you can . I assume the unemployment checks are coming in. Take advantage of this time to find something that is as close as good fit to something you would like doing. Best of luck.

Yes, they are rolling in (direct deposit, actually), at the equalvilent of $15/hr.
They changed some rules here..and are even changing it more for the better.
It's going by lenght of Employment, past income, and how often you used Insurance.
I'm entitled to 43 weeks of pay, and 104 weeks if I go back to school.

Pretty good system here.
But, remember , we do pay for it (every single paycheck, and higher taxes overall).

I will hear bad feedback from the rightwingers now.
But, maybe one day, if they get laid off, or fired, they wished, they would have a better social net to catch them, from falling ?

And , ofcourse, I still have free healthcare.

I search for jobs, apply for the ones I like, and pay well.
Might take some time, but better then doing something with less pay, and something I hate doing.
Because if you quit, there is no Insurance in place. Your stuck !

The system has a fault there. I agree. Makes people stay on Insurance longer.. to find that perfect job.

klein

Obama's health care reform ambassador.

Thats a whole different topic.
I lost 30 % of my german pension due to Germany re-uniting.
Used to be able to collect 2000 Deutsch Marks (about $1500), at age 62.
Now, it's age 65 and only 700 Euro ($1100).
But, I'm actually proud, some of my retirement helped make this world a better place.

They also lost nice Unemployemt Insurance of about 75%, down to 60% payment or so.
National Healthcare costs also rose, ofcourse.
West Germany , added 1/3 of a new poor population, and needed new hospitals, etc, in the east.
Thats the price to pay.
Did you see West Germans ralley ? Demostrate ?
Was actually backwards, the East Germans did... wanted more and more.

But, they did it.
Everyone has social bennies. Including the new 30%.

And you are fighting over 1 single issue - healthcare. !

A healthcare system, that is the most expensive in the world, 2nd to Canada at half the cost.
Europeans countries even pay less per capita, and Austrailia.

And UPS workers like UK guy, or that news article, that UPS worker with sick children...
They get fired. And you need to wonder if it was under pressure of the Insurance company.
And all of a sudden lose all healthcare bennies.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Thats a whole different topic.
I lost 30 % of my german pension due to Germany re-uniting.
Used to be able to collect 2000 Deutsch Marks (about $1500), at age 62.
Now, it's age 65 and only 700 Euro ($1100).
But, I'm actually proud, some of my retirement helped make this world a better place.

They also lost nice Unemployemt Insurance of about 75%, down to 60% payment or so.
National Healthcare costs also rose, ofcourse.
West Germany , added 1/3 of a new poor population, and needed new hospitals, etc, in the east.
Thats the price to pay.

But, they did it.
Everyone has social bennies. Including the new 30%.

And you are fighting over 1 single issue - healthcare. !

A healthcare system, that is the most expensive in the world, 2nd to Canada at half the cost.
Europeans countries even pay less per capita, and Austrailia.

And UPS workers like UK guy, or that news article, that UPS worker with sick children...
They get fired. And you need to wonder if it was under pressure of the Insurance company.
And all of a sudden lose all healthcare bennies.

Drinking already today.:beerhat:
Good luck on that job and hopefully they have a website you can spend time on. :funny:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Wanted more and more, and did they get it?

Thats the problem with people that demand a social net to catch them when they jump or fall. Eventually, there are not enough of the payers to keep up the ones that wont.

d

klein

Wanted more and more, and did they get it?

Thats the problem with people that demand a social net to catch them when they jump or fall. Eventually, there are not enough of the payers to keep up the ones that wont.

d

In time, East Germany, became a powerhouse on it's on. Economic recovery.
They simple needed to be boosted..
All is well in Germany, these days, again.

On another note, is there any UPS Edmonton Supervisor on here, that will support me ?

Got this e-mail for my upcomming interview :

Advise them that you are here
for an interview in Employee Relations. They will provide you
with a visitor badge as well as provide you with a parking pass
for the visitor parking. Employee Relations is on the 2nd floor.
We are the 1st door to the left of the elevators. Please come in
and have a seat on the couch and someone will be with you
shortly after you arrive.

WHEN: 11:00 A.M

Thursday September 24, 2009

When you attend the interview please bring with you the following documentation:

1. A copy of your Driver's abstract for the previous 2 years -
2. A copy of your driver's licence -

You MUST have a full and valid provincial driver's license for a
period of at least two years and provide a satisfactory safe driving
record with no major infractions for a two (2) year period. GDL licenses
cannot be accepted.

3. A copy of a 2nd piece of Identification - This can be a copy of
your Alberta Healthcare card, Birth Certificate, Social Insurance card,
or a copy of your passport

4. A copy of your vehicle registration -

5. Bring names & telephone numbers of (2) work related references.
Your reference's cannot be family or co-worker's, your references must
be individuals that have supervised your work.

PLEASE SHOW UP TO YOUR INTERVIEW 15 MINUTES EARLY AS THERE IS A SHORT DVD PRESENTATION FOR YOU TO VIEW PRIOR TO YOUR INTERVIEW. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU ARE ON TIME FOR YOUR INTERVIEW.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
East Germany, became a powerhouse on it's on. Economic recovery.
They simple needed to be boosted..
A power house? Maybe in the future.

The problem is that to really have the economic recovery, they needed the government to get the heck out of the way.

But governments need to control, and the more control you allow, the more they need.

I prefer to depend on myself, dont need a stinking safety net of social safety. Get the hell out of my way and watch what a determined man can do. That attitude is what made the USA the self reliant country it became. Not some gooberment that said "its OK to fail, we are here to pick you up and make you feel better"

The problem with the title of this thread is to help you find a job. Problem is, I dont think you really want one. There is no reason for you to actually get a job.

Maybe if you were actually hungry because you didn't have money to eat, that would be a good reason to actually try to find a job. But dragging down 15 bucks an hour unemployment for stupidity on your part........only in Canada.

d PS, might not want to let them know you were drinking on the job.....

klein

I will be honest about that beer... had it after work, on an unpaid luchbreak.

Since when has the USA been self reliant ?
Your getting that mixed up with Canada.

Turn of your oil imports, and see what happens .
You can't even have a trade surplus for many years.
(importing more then exporting) .
Trade deficit also equals buying more then you can afford.

How about starting a site askklein.com? Where Klein could answer everyones questions. He could share his vast knowledge, consult world leaders, spread world peace. All while having a Molson.

klein

I prefer to depend on myself, dont need a stinking safety net of social safety. Get the hell out of my way and watch what a determined man can do. That attitude is what made the USA the self reliant country it became. Not some gooberment that said "its OK to fail, we are here to pick you up and make you feel better"

Your on easy street now Danny Boy.
But, it took UK Guy, only his job, to leave your country.
I had 1 aunt, and 1 uncle moving back to Germany (from the USA), for retirement purposes, since the country (US), where they worked all thier lifes, didn't take care enough for them in retirement.

Yes, they should have had union jobs, then that wouldn't have happened.
Just, you have more people then union jobs.
Ok, maybe set money aside - that they did. Enough to bulid a new life in Germany (sold thier home), etc.

UK guy needed to go back, because he knows his wife is taken care of, with no extra costs. Can't blame him.
But, it's a shame.

A country should look after it's own people now and then. Even if that means more taxes. You never know, 1 day it will hit close to home.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Problem with a country looking after its own people like a baby sitter is that they they expect the country to do it all for them.

The government that takes care of everything for its people also has the power over those people to take it all away.

As far as living on easy street, that is interesting. I love the way you have such insight into areas you dont have a clue about.

Easy street is consuming a beer while in service (you were not off the clock, you were on break) and losing your job. Then spend endless days posting on a site about your worldly wisdom on all thing.

IF you were such an expert on all things, you would have never been in a position to be fired. It was just plain stupidity on your part(for which a good case has been made), regardless of the post by others that you did nothing wrong.

d

P

pickup

How about starting a site askklein.com? Where Klein could answer everyones questions. He could share his vast knowledge, consult world leaders, spread world peace. All while having a Molson.

That's funny, maybe he can be the Most Interesting Man In the World. Watch it until the end, it is short ,maybe 32 seconds. Funny line towards the end especially in relation to Klein's situation.

[video=youtube;p2SSZA0CjdQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2SSZA0CjdQ[/video]

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
+1

Hey d, it's not that klein isn't the smartest guy in the world, he really is. He just doesn't have any common sense or social skills.:surprised: