help need info on pt retirement how to apply for it

susan lloyd

HI IAM SUSAN I HAVE REACHED THE AGE OF 65 WORKED PART TIME FOR UPS 7 YRS THE PLANT I WORKED AT SHUT DOWN I HAVE NEVER HERD A WORD FORM UPS IN ALL THIS TIME I NEED INFO ON WHO TO CONTACT AND HOW TO APPLY FOR PT TIME RETIREMENT WAS WITH LOCAL 554 OUT OF SD BUT ALSO DEALT WITH SIOUX CITY UNION REPS I LIVED IN IOWA THE PLANT WAS GATEWAY COMPUTER PLANT THAT IS WHAT WE LOADED...I NEED INFO ON WHAT TO DO NOT SURE WHY NO INFO FROM UPS BUT I DO KNOW THERE IT SOMEONE TO CONTACT AND SOMETHING TO DO CAN ANY ONE GIVE ME SOME INFO THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

Deb C.

I am trying to get info on if I can get any retirement benefits from anyone whether it be UPS or union. I contacted UPS by email and got this reply "Based on your time of employment of 1977 through December 1987, you did accrue the ten years needed to be vested in the UPS retirement Plan. Therefore you are not eligible for a benefit from this Plan."

I am just confused-am I eligible for some sort of union retirement? It looks like they are saying two different things in the reply above. Any ideas? I worked in Michigan

rod

Retired 22 years
I am trying to get info on if I can get any retirement benefits from anyone whether it be UPS or union. I contacted UPS by email and got this reply "Based on your time of employment of 1977 through December 1987, you did accrue the ten years needed to be vested in the UPS retirement Plan. Therefore you are not eligible for a benefit from this Plan."

I am just confused-am I eligible for some sort of union retirement? It looks like they are saying two different things in the reply above. Any ideas? I worked in Michigan

I'm just guessing but I would say your are eligible but haven't met the age requirement yet. Could be you can't collect until you are 62 or maybe 70 -- who knows. Contact the Local you belonged to. good luck. Were you hourly or management?

Deb C.

I'm just guessing but I would say your are eligible but haven't met the age requirement yet. Could be you can't collect until you are 62 or maybe 70 -- who knows. Contact the Local you belonged to. good luck. Were you hourly or management?
I was hourly and I am 63-will contact the local today!