Help! New to UPS and my feet are blistering

TLady

Hello everyone :) So I started at UPS last Tuesday, worked three shifts, and then saw the infected, broken skin on my ankles from my (new, not worn in) work boots! I went to my doctor and they said I had to wait until they heal until I wore shoes again (other than flops!)

My next shift is tonight. I don't know what to do! Does anyone know how to protect these open wounds on my ankles? Ever had to deal with this before?

What should I do? I spoke to my manager, and he was very kind and understanding; he said if I could come in, then do, but if not, I could pick up my paycheck on Thursday.

Please, any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Btw, this is my first post. Hello ;)

Brown_Star

Methods Man
Hello everyone :) So I started at UPS last Tuesday, worked three shifts, and then saw the infected, broken skin on my ankles from my (new, not worn in) work boots! I went to my doctor and they said I had to wait until they heal until I wore shoes again (other than flops!)

My next shift is tonight. I don't know what to do! Does anyone know how to protect these open wounds on my ankles? Ever had to deal with this before?

What should I do? I spoke to my manager, and he was very kind and understanding; he said if I could come in, then do, but if not, I could pick up my paycheck on Thursday.

Thank you.

Welcome to BC!

image.jpg

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
you dont have to wear boots. just something with a leather upper. so any low top tennis shoes will work if they have a leather toe.

Future

Victory Ride
Cat_High_Heels.jpg

Thank you.

You will be all good in these ....

JL 0513

Don't wear boots! Wear black work sneakers. We're on on our feet way too much to be comfortable in boots. Learned my lesson early on too.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Thank you.

You never, ever wear boots that you haven't broken in at home first. Put bandaids on them and go to work.

Box Ox

Get a low cut shoe with a steel or a (preferably) crush rated composite toe that doesn't rub against your ankles. I can't stress this enough. Don't wear higher top boots in a sort. Get the new shoes and patch your ankles with wrap or some sort of adhesive moleskin. Might be an expensive emergency purchase but you'll be glad you did it.

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
Liquid skin might work if you can find it. It will sting though. Two pairs of socks will help but will not completely eliminate it. As an experienced hiker, I've never had blisters so bad that I can't put on socks or shoes.