Help. Our union stewards are in bed with management

excessivehours

Now in the drug test pool
Our stewards appear to be working with management by keeping grievances from being filed so they will receive favorable treatment. These stewards start early and finish like clock work the same time every day. They are not affected by the things the other drivers are. They are never overdisptched, get any easy work they want or loose unwanted work they choose. Heck, I don't think they were affected by peak. Our dispatch screen is red every day except for these two. On the end of day report they are underallowed while the rest of the drivers are all averaging being a hour or more over. The stops per car concept does not apply to them. This is not a seniority issue.

Do many of you have issues like these? These self serving tools need to straighten up but they act like bully's who deserve to respected and feared. Management really lets them have what they want. There are cover drivers who should be full time and grievances that need to be filed to keep mgmt from abusing the rest of the crew.

I don't think anyone is willing to challenge them for a new election.

While our union has many good points it is problems like these that just make you shake your head.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And your point?

Really, what was I thinking. Dumb me.

Hoke can be a smart ass (and smug since the Falcons are up 17-0) but he does have a point----what exactly do you want to see happen?

BTW, it is not feasible that your mgt team is skewing the numbers on the OR so that only the two stewards run underallowed. That just ain't happening. SPC and dispatches are controlled by the PDS---again I highly doubt that he/she is screwing everyone else in favor of these two.

If you are unhappy about your local union leadership you need to talk to your BA. If there are enough of you unhappy that do the same I guarantee you that a change will be made. There is nothing bad about a shop steward willing to work with management---not every minor issues needs to be grieved---but there is something wrong when the steward does not properly represent the employees when dealing with management. It sounds as though they have lost the faith of the members and a change is needed.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
When a mommy management and a daddy steward love each other very very much they make baby scabs.

btw Falcons 16-0 pending review

stoni24

Our stewards appear to be working with management by keeping grievances from being filed so they will receive favorable treatment. These stewards start early and finish like clock work the same time every day. They are not affected by the things the other drivers are. They are never overdisptched, get any easy work they want or loose unwanted work they choose. Heck, I don't think they were affected by peak. Our dispatch screen is red every day except for these two. On the end of day report they are underallowed while the rest of the drivers are all averaging being a hour or more over. The stops per car concept does not apply to them. This is not a seniority issue.

Do many of you have issues like these? These self serving tools need to straighten up but they act like bully's who deserve to respected and feared. Management really lets them have what they want. There are cover drivers who should be full time and grievances that need to be filed to keep mgmt from abusing the rest of the crew.

While our union has many good points it is problems like these that just make you shake your head.
let's go one step farther, even though I'll catch he'll for saying it. Your stewards are probably high up in seniority like mine. Each morning the 2 to 4 highest ranks will meet up with dispatch and decide how bad the rookie tcd's will get screwed for the day. They arrive 1 hr before start time since they were well rested. Home by 7 pm, while I have 26 stops left. Oh well, they've paid their dues guess I'll suck it up and enjoy the extra $100 in OT each day

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

let's go one step farther, even though I'll catch he'll for saying it. Your stewards are probably high up in seniority like mine. Each morning the 2 to 4 highest ranks will meet up with dispatch and decide how bad the rookie tcd's will get screwed for the day. They arrive 1 hr before start time since they were well rested. Home by 7 pm, while I have 26 stops left. Oh well, they've paid their dues guess I'll suck it up and enjoy the extra $100 in OT each day

BS

stoni24

BS
how's it BS? I watch 'em do it.

I nominate you for steward. Have at it.

barnyard

KTM rider
Any PDS worth his salt is not going to solicit dispatching advice from any hourly employee.

Agreed.

Anyone that truly believes that dispatch is set by hourlies that have influence over the dispatcher, send me your address. Your foil hat and underwear are hellishly defective and you need a new set. I will arrange for that.

excessivehours

Now in the drug test pool
Agreed.

Anyone that truly believes that dispatch is set by hourlies that have influence over the dispatcher, send me your address. Your foil hat and underwear are hellishly defective and you need a new set. I will arrange for that.
Who told you that, your dispatcher or did the Easter Bunny stop by early.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Why dont u run?

Last edited:

Brownslave688

BS

If you don't think dispatch loads routes up according to who is on that route your blind. Or once again all centers aren't as well run as yours.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you don't think dispatch loads routes up according to who is on that route your blind. Or once again all centers aren't as well run as yours.

I never said that the PDS does not dispatch based on the driver---what I said was any PDS worth his salt would not solicit dispatching advice from any hourly employee.

stoni24

Any PDS worth his salt is not going to solicit dispatching advice from any hourly employee.

Agreed.

when the two top senior drivers( both with 35 years in) are sitting with the psd at 730 am, telling him what add/cuts to make off routes next to theirs, Is that influencing ????

Brownslave688

I never said that the PDS does not dispatch based on the driver---what I said was any PDS worth his salt would not solicit dispatching advice from any hourly employee.

Yes I replied then went back and read it again. Your right. Although I would argue many PDS could be greatly helped out by asking the drivers advice. Lol