Help. Our union stewards are in bed with management

rod

Retired 22 years
when the two top senior drivers( both with 35 years in) are sitting with the psd at 730 am, telling him what add/cuts to make off routes next to theirs, Is that influencing ????

At my old center it wasn't the "top senior drivers" who did this. It was a couple of the runner/gunners/skip break/drive 90 mph guys who seemed to always get their way when it came to how the routes were dispatched. Especially one guy who didn't even ask-he would just cut what he didn't want and leave the building. He pretty much dispached himself every day and management said nothing. I never did figure out what he had over them but it had to be somethung good.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
At my old center it wasn't the "top senior drivers" who did this. It was a couple of the runner/gunners/skip break/drive 90 mph guys who seemed to always get their way when it came to how the routes were dispatched. Especially one guy who didn't even ask-he would just cut what he didn't want and leave the building. He pretty much dispached himself every day and management said nothing. I never did figure out what he had over them but it had to be somethung good

We have a senior driver who pretty much just takes off what he doesn't want to deliver that day and leaves it on the belt. No clue how he gets by with it but he does. Often times he is done at 3:30 to 4 and calling drivers around him asking if they need help so he doesn't get back super early.

stoni24

At my old center it wasn't the "top senior drivers" who did this. It was a couple of the runner/gunners/skip break/drive 90 mph guys who seemed to always get their way when it came to how the routes were dispatched. Especially one guy who didn't even ask-he would just cut what he didn't want and leave the building. He pretty much dispached himself every day and management said nothing. I never did figure out what he had over them but it had to be somethung good

We have a senior driver who pretty much just takes off what he doesn't want to deliver that day and leaves it on the belt. No clue how he gets by with it but he does. Often times he is done at 3:30 to 4 and calling drivers around him asking if they need help so he doesn't get back super early.
oh that's BS! Upstate said it doesn't happen so ur wrong. That doesn't happen!

I guess every center has a Monty Hall or two in it!!These are the same guys who always get hurt or get in an accident,never get into trouble have unlimited sick days!! I wonder what they have to do? Or maybe i dont want to know...LOL

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Any PDS worth his salt is not going to solicit dispatching advice from any hourly employee.

Are you being sarcastic? Unless that PDS has run every route (including trips normally cut) he absolutely should involve those whom his decisions involve; in the end it can only make him look good as those running his plan may be more inclined to work with him. I get the feeling I must work in a BOG too, because some of the things i read here.......

rod

Retired 22 years
oh that's BS! Upstate said it doesn't happen so ur wrong. That doesn't happen!

It probably don't happen in upstates bubble of goodness. On second thought he is always talking about how he gets done early so he must be "that guy" at his center.

Buck Fifty

Our stewards appear to be working with management by keeping grievances from being filed so they will receive favorable treatment. These stewards start early and finish like clock work the same time every day. They are not affected by the things the other drivers are. They are never overdisptched, get any easy work they want or loose unwanted work they choose. Heck, I don't think they were affected by peak. Our dispatch screen is red every day except for these two. On the end of day report they are underallowed while the rest of the drivers are all averaging being a hour or more over. The stops per car concept does not apply to them. This is not a seniority issue.

Do many of you have issues like these? These self serving tools need to straighten up but they act like bully's who deserve to respected and feared. Management really lets them have what they want. There are cover drivers who should be full time and grievances that need to be filed to keep mgmt from abusing the rest of the crew.

I don't think anyone is willing to challenge them for a new election.

While our union has many good points it is problems like these that just make you shake your head.

We had this in our center about 8 years ago. A majority vote kicked the loose stewards out and we voted 3 replacements. You must find a lead steward though. One that will keep another brother or steward in line. You just might be that person, your concern makes you a candidate. Definitely keep in mind though, it's a thankless position. Don't lead to make change and then walk out on the change you've made. As far as the comments by Hoax and Upstate, those I would completely ignore. Their obviously still crying over their football games today. A Harbaugh brother Super Bowl should be a good one . If it was the other 2 teams, it would be like listening to them two whispering sweet nothings in each others ears. YAWN !

A

anonymous6

falcons ran out of gas again but this time found no refill.

good for the bookies.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I guess every center has a Monty Hall or two in it!!These are the same guys who always get hurt or get in an accident,never get into trouble have unlimited sick days!! I wonder what they have to do? Or maybe i dont want to know...LOL
Oddly enough my building actually had a Monty Hall for an on car sup...kinda miss him actually.

gorilla75jdw

get involved and start filing on any and all infractions , encourage any coworkers , preferbally with more seniorty than the stewards involved to file . If there is no reasonable or monetary claim to be made , there might not be any infraction , thus only appearing to be a frustrating chain friend events into which your seniorty is not favorable for monetary gain .

stink219

I nominate you for steward. Have at it.
^^
ps it's real easy and not time consuming. Plus it's all schitts and giggles. Go for it
Lmfao!!!! I can smell the sarcasm in the air. 407 means that it's a thankless job with lots of paperwork and stress for no additional pay.
It's not for everyone. It takes a certain type of person to be a true steward. Hell, I field phone calls off work time by my guys. Sometimes it's about work, sometimes about how to change their oil filter. Whatever people may think about being a steward, to be an effective steward you need balls, smarts and an unwavering dedication to labor.