HELP!!! Over paid vacations at driver wage

Upser111

Alright so I went driving a little bit under a year ago and I was trying to qualify, my on road supervisor hands me a paid vaction check at driver wage for 680$ and I asked what was this for and he said for my vacations that they were gonna pay off my vacations cause I wasn’t gonna be able to take them for that year. The problem was that I was still trying to qualify and unfortunately I got disqualified a couple days later for a backing accident, and now that I return to PT they’re telling me I don’t have vacations anymore so I file in a griveance and about a month passes and management tells me I owe them over 1000$ dollars but if withdraw the griveance I would only have to pay 160$ So as of now I have no idea what to do can someone please steer my in the right direction for this situation your help is greatly appreciated thank you! P.s I’ve been at ups for 4 years already

UPS Preloader

Alright so I went driving a little bit under a year ago and I was trying to qualify, my on road supervisor hands me a paid vaction check at driver wage for 680$ and I asked what was this for and he said for my vacations that they were gonna pay off my vacations cause I wasn’t gonna be able to take them for that year. The problem was that I was still trying to qualify and unfortunately I got disqualified a couple days later for a backing accident, and now that I return to PT they’re telling me I don’t have vacations anymore so I file in a griveance and about a month passes and management tells me I owe them over 1000$ dollars but if withdraw the griveance I would only have to pay 160$ So as of now I have no idea what to do can someone please steer my in the right direction for this situation your help is greatly appreciated thank you! P.s I’ve been at ups for 4 years already

If you have already been paid for your vacations, there is not much you can do. As far as paying them back, I would tell them NO. You accepted that check in exchange for being paid off to give up your vacations. End of story.

check the recording laws in your state - many states only require only one person has knowledge - talk to them on tape make sure they say what you said - give them the 160 then talk to a attorney --- possibly you could go to hr with it but most of those bastards are crooked

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you have already been paid for your vacations, there is not much you can do. As far as paying them back, I would tell them NO. You accepted that check in exchange for being paid off to give up your vacations. End of story.

The OP has a moral obligation to inform them of the overpayment. The Company then has 90 days to decide if they want to recoup the excess funds, which is usually done by payroll deduction of an agreed upon amount for an agreed upon number of weeks.

If the amount in question is $160 you can do as little as $20/week for 8 weeks.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
check the recording laws in your state - many states only require only one person has knowledge - talk to them on tape make sure they say what you said - give them the 160 then talk to a attorney --- possibly you could go to hr with it but most of those bastards are crooked
That is horrible advice.

IESucks

Go to college

F

Frankie's Friend

Dude, if ypu filed a grievance the steward or BA has to be involved. Why come on here?

F

Frankie's Friend

Wow. So bored you now offer advice on structuring messages. Get a life
When youre perfect you can tell people how to fix their shortcomings. Thats why he will interject his vast knowledge here and feel like he helped (beats down) the folks with less intelligence than he exumes.

clean hairy

My understanding in the Southern, is if they paid the vacation weeks, you are scheduled and can still the take the time off for those weeks.
Anyone else in the Southern who can confirm?

IESucks

When youre perfect you can tell people how to fix their shortcomings. Thats why he will interject his vast knowledge here and feel like he helped (beats down) the folks with less intelligence than he exumes.
Lol. Perfect only in his own mind. No wonder he's divorced and alone

IESucks

I still live in my mums house dude
Plus a vacation week would totally kick all those lazy bums (especially dispatcher) in the teeth for not knowing how to load any part of my assignment.
Lol. That's where you're wrong. It will get loaded. Everyone's replaceable without a hiccup

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Lol. That's where you're wrong. It will get loaded. Everyone's replaceable without a hiccup
That is what I am counting on. But I want it happening now rather than when I take my first vacation a year from now.
The current strategy is to just yolo the load once weekly and give the set of drivers serious overtime pay.

PT Car Washer

Dude, if ypu filed a grievance the steward or BA has to be involved. Why come on here?
If payroll finds out you were over paid for your vacations, (and they will) they will subtract the over payment from your pay check. Your management team has no say in the manner. If you feel it was in error, then you will have to file a grievance over the matter.