Help please!

Hello this is my first post I’ll try to keep it short but I need advise. I’ve been working at ups for over 4 years, I shift and I work sort isle. I never call out and I’m a hard worker. I finally got a backup shifter due to an off the job injury.
Now that I’m back I work driver helper to learn what I’ll be doing and then I go straight to the warehouse working 12-13 hours days for ups. They keep me till past 1am when I start driver helper at 10-11am when I have a backup. They won’t use my backup because he says he’s too tired and uncomfortable when he’s almost done with the probation. I hurt my ankle again because they keep pushing me hard but I have a doctors note saying I can’t shift for two weeks yet I’m being harassed and asked if that’s me disqualifying myself and they’re getting mad at me for thinking about my safety. I’m so sick of the harassment and I don’t know what my limits are for what I can do. All my union representative told me was I can call out but I have too much respect for the company to do that. Can I write a grievance or will my doctors note hold up without consequences? Can they force me to do anything? They tell me seniority is only for going home but is that true?? What’s the seniority rules so I can stand my ground and be confident on my rights. I’d appreciate any help and if it helps my backup’s dad is high up in the union so the boss and supervisors are not only giving him special treatment but they aren’t following protocol with him and I’ve been having to pay for it. Thank you guys.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
What is your goal at ups? Package driver?
I would skip doing driver helper. Its optional. Your inside shift is mandatory.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hello this is my first post I’ll try to keep it short but I need advise. I’ve been working at ups for over 4 years, I shift and I work sort isle. I never call out and I’m a hard worker. I finally got a backup shifter due to an off the job injury.
Now that I’m back I work driver helper to learn what I’ll be doing and then I go straight to the warehouse working 12-13 hours days for ups. They keep me till past 1am when I start driver helper at 10-11am when I have a backup. They won’t use my backup because he says he’s too tired and uncomfortable when he’s almost done with the probation. I hurt my ankle again because they keep pushing me hard but I have a doctors note saying I can’t shift for two weeks yet I’m being harassed and asked if that’s me disqualifying myself and they’re getting mad at me for thinking about my safety. I’m so sick of the harassment and I don’t know what my limits are for what I can do. All my union representative told me was I can call out but I have too much respect for the company to do that. Can I write a grievance or will my doctors note hold up without consequences? Can they force me to do anything? They tell me seniority is only for going home but is that true?? What’s the seniority rules so I can stand my ground and be confident on my rights. I’d appreciate any help and if it helps my backup’s dad is high up in the union so the boss and supervisors are not only giving him special treatment but they aren’t following protocol with him and I’ve been having to pay for it. Thank you guys.

“ to much respect for the company”

You got to be kidding

LMAO!!!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
They tell me seniority is only for going home but is that true??
All my union representative told me was I can call out but I have too much respect for the company to do that.

Boy, you are naive if you believe all that.

Good thing my doctor cares

LMAO!!!!

You really think your doctor cares about you? Rest assured, if you got thrown off the face of the earth today, he or she would still sleep like baby tonight. All he cares about is not sending you back too soon so his malpractice insurance won't go up.

Indecisi0n

So you can't call out but filing grievance are fine?
It's simple take care of your body because if you come to a point you can no longer do the job UPS will replace you and forget about you in an instant.

Future

Victory Ride
Respect for respect for the company? They have none for you ! Do what you need 2 do 2 become fully healthy

Hello,

I am dealing with an issue where I had a vendor tell me a shipment was going to cost $600, and for me to share with him my account information. I shared my account information, and weeks later find that the invoice was for $2799.

Does anyone know how I should deal with this? I have done all the obvious stuff like call billing and my account manager.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hello,

I am dealing with an issue where I had a vendor tell me a shipment was going to cost $600, and for me to share with him my account information. I shared my account information, and weeks later find that the invoice was for $2799.

Does anyone know how I should deal with this? I have done all the obvious stuff like call billing and my account manager.

Perhaps you should be more careful who you are sharing your account information with.

upschuck

Hello,

Did you ship out/in other merchandise for ~$2199 in shipping charges?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Did you ship out/in other merchandise for ~$2199 in shipping charges?
thats-a-lot-ot02cx.jpg

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hello,

Sounds like you might be SOL Andy

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Hello,

Was he a Nigerian Prince?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Hello,

So your last, best hope was to post this question into a six month old thread in the "Health and Medical " forum on a non affiliated site?
Worst businessman ever

old levi's

blank space
Hello,

Pay the bill, sucker!