Help Tracking Packages

BrownZen

Our sort is so messed up I have decided to mail packages at my own expense just to see which hubs they are are goin to. But I was wondering how I can see that information? I imagine the public tracking information has generic info like "Being shipped" or "Out for delivery" but I want to see wich HUB or Airport my packages are at so I can make recommendations to fix the sort.

Does the public package tracking show any of this HUB info?
Is there a tool/app I can use at work to see the info?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I know it is a weird thread.

BrownZen

Just work as directed, the company will still make billions this year without your help.
I do not function this way, I do not care about the company bottom line. I care about improving the world and working well with a team. If enough people think this way, even about little things, the world can make meaningful changes. Just go to work, do your job, play on the phone and make fun of new people is not my way.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Sign up for ups my choice. Free. I use the ups app on my phone to track all packages to and from my address. You can see tracking info.

quad decade guy

Our sort is so messed up I have decided to mail packages at my own expense just to see which hubs they are are goin to. But I was wondering how I can see that information? I imagine the public tracking information has generic info like "Being shipped" or "Out for delivery" but I want to see wich HUB or Airport my packages are at so I can make recommendations to fix the sort.

We don't "mail" anything.

You should go with the supervision

hondo

promoted to mediocrity

Is there a tool/app I can use at work to see
the info?

TLDR: do your job as best you can, know you will never be allowed enough time/equipment/supplies to do so, and don't worry about what's above your pay grade.

@BrownZen , the public tracking info has been 'decontented', and no longer shows any of the information you are curious about. It used to give the city/date/time for origin sort, any re-sort(s) it went through, and the delivery hub/center. Now it just shows "On the Way". I don't know if the MyChoice app still gives that info.

You need authorization (log-in, password) to access the internal tracking data via any program (I believe ETT is one such program). But accessing that for your own curiosity is easily grounds for discipline/termination.

The 'planned' pkg routing through centers/ground & air hubs/gateways/etc is very good. So even if you were to have access to actual pkg travel info, I doubt you will find much of anything to improve on, when taking into consideration the total logistics 'big picture'.

Now as far as the 'unplanned' pkg travel (mis-sorts/mis-loads), take a look at the SEAS (mis-load) reports. Recommendations for improvements here; well you could suggest improvements to staffing levels, equipment maintenance/upgrades, point out supply shortages, unreasonable production expectations and scheduling, etc. But all that costs $$$ to address. And as a publicly traded company, the main goal is $$$ to shareholders/stock price/quarterly expectations/etc, not the daily operations or customers we serve.

Until or unless you get to a high enough level in management to demonstrate that too many $$$ to profit and not enough $$$ to operations has reached a point of unsustainability, all you can do is try your best to follow the methods. Strive for no mis-sorts/mis-loads, no LIBs, containerize smalls, no missed scans, good load quality, don't load damaged pkgs, loads properly secured, etc. If you are an hourly (union bargaining unit) employee, you could try to be 'creative' with writing/arguing grievances to address some issues, but other than 'supervisor working' to cover short-staffing, it's up to management to manage (or mis-manage) as they see fit. If they want to run the business into the ground and put us all out of work, that's their prerogative.

DriverNerd

You need authorization (log-in, password) to access the internal tracking data via any program (I believe ETT is one such program). But accessing that for your own curiosity is easily grounds for discipline/termination.
Agreed. UPS has programs in hub for tracking each scan, but if it's for personal use that could be an issue for sure.