helper boards and helper time

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
by the way, I used to "forget", to take my helper board w/ me, and when forced to take the board, I would put my 1st dozen stops in before I picked up my helper, then leave it in the back of the pkg. car this system worked out well....I recorded the pkgs., told the helper where to leave the pkgs., I only had 1 helper, that I feel could have operated a DIAD properly, and that was 20 yrs. ago

20 years ago was 1992, the original DIAD I was only just being introduced at that time, and our helpers were not allowed to use them. Helpers at that time were still trained to record delivery stops on paper, only the drivers used DIADS.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have been fortunate in that the helpers I have had the past 3-4 years have both been proficient on the DIAD, to include delivering to mulitple offices within a medical complex and mulitple left-ats. Peak is so much easier when the helper knows how to use the DIAD and can go off on his own.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I have been fortunate in that the helpers I have had the past 3-4 years have both been proficient on the DIAD, to include delivering to mulitple offices within a medical complex and mulitple left-ats. Peak is so much easier when the helper knows how to use the DIAD and can go off on his own.

Does the sun ever set in "Dave World?"

Yisraeli

Hello all,

If any of you could wite a clear set of instructions for using both the big and small DIAD boards, it'd help all us "helpers" out a lot. I am recently out of active duty Army service and have used many systems similar in format to the DIAD. If any of you were in the military, and especially infantry, artillery or mortarmen, the DIAD is really similar in its functionality to a LHMBC, DAGR and Centaurs. It is annoying to have a driver who is so inept or impatient at teaching that they won't let you take your time the first few deliveries so you can write yourself a little diagram to memorize. I've taught soldiers how to use similar things to a DIAD and it is aggravating to have some person who has been using this thing for years to expect you to just absorb. That isn't the way it works, I should know.