Helper said we're not supposed to deliver to houses for sale per orientation training

JL 0513

I never heard of this, is it true? Helper said that in orientation it was one of the most stressed items they talked about. I've never seen any trading on this for drivers.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Had a delivery today for a house that was for sale and had an open house showing. Left it on the back porch and left. Guy comes out grabs the parcel and says thanks. Don't know if he was the realtor or not. Don't care since it was a shipper release barcode.

JL 0513

I've really never even thought about it before. I figured if a pkg was ordered and shipped to an address, someone likely still lives there. I suppose if a house is clearly vacated, I'd say sheeting it "moved" would be the right way to do it.

I'd just like to know why the helpers were told never, ever deliver to any house for sale. He said something about it being scammer related.

Last edited:

km3

I never heard of this, is it true? Helper said that in orientation it was one of the most stressed items they talked about. I've never seen any trading on this for drivers.

Back when I was a helper, HR told me that UPS delivers to addresses, not people.

In any case, you're the driver. If they didn't tell you, that's on them.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I'd like to know why they stress this sort of thing at helper orientation but don't teach helpers how to be helpers.

You really are naive.

Teaching helpers their job is your job. Every single helper, every single year.

Along with the rest of your responsibilities.