Helpful Apps For Drivers

JJinVA

Are there any apps that you driver-veterans use to make your job easier? I use Glympse so I can let the air driver who is coming from the airport know where I am in real-time in relation to our meetup point for EAM handoffs. Any other useful apps you guys use?

Est.1998

Besides a good music app, Google and Google maps is a wonderful tool. Brown Cafe used to be an app but regardless, this site has tons of jewels that can increase the knowledge of a new or vet employee at UPS.

542thruNthru

Are there any apps that you driver-veterans use to make your job easier? I use Glympse so I can let the air driver who is coming from the airport know where I am in real-time in relation to our meetup point for EAM handoffs. Any other useful apps you guys use?

Two best things to have on your phone as a driver.

Your contract
UPS and UPS Freight Agreements, 2018 – 2023

And a time card app.

Everything else is just stuff to kill time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

AARP-Now-icon-1140x655.web.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You don't get paid by the hour? Who cares when they show?

Overpaid Union Thug

There’s no need for more apps. Many of the younger drivers already can’t seem to remember to make pickups or deliver commercial stops during their actual posted hours.No need for additional distractions.

Last edited:

MrBates

Two best things to have on your phone as a driver.

And a time card app.

I use the time card app called "Hours Tracker". It works really well and you can configure it to decimal so it matches the UPS time card viewer. The first thing I've learned at UPS is that you have to ALWAYS have to keep track of your money.

over9five

Staff member
I use Recap during Peak to keep track of my hours. Tells you what you have available, etc.
The rest of the year I don't work enough to need it.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
One of the things I love about the job is that it’s a terrific excuse to ignore my phone all damn day....apps? Nah bra, Joe Rogan Podcasts on YouTube and sports radio

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
My personal opinion on using map apps on the job....it’s fine as long as you’re pulled over and studying, not relying on it to get around. Trust me when I tell you, it’s hard to learn a route when you use navigation all day