helpful pointers

1989NW

Any good helpful pointers/methods out there for quicker package selection, remembering your next stop, package quantity, and shelf location. Also tips for being out of your package car within 9 seconds. I had a ride along today for my 30 day I was averaging about 9.5 seconds out of the truck I need to get that down to about 8 flat.

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Back in the day it was keep that key in your hand when not in the ignition

Guess that doesn't apply today

Steady and smooth beats fast and all over the place

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Mostly it's a matter of getting better with repetition and practice. Make sure you're checking your diad on the way back to the PC after each stop and saying to yourself the stop and pkg count. One thing that will really help is to focus on one method (seat belt, bulkhead door, getting out of the cab, etc) daily. Just pick a diff one each day and drill on that one thing till its perfect. In time you'll be smooth enough to star in their training video.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Nope no brothers
How about a sister? I don't care what her name is....and best advice is on your hour lunch relax and eat for 30 minutes and the last 30 minutes get your truck PERFECTLY organized...don't ever do this once you've passed 30 days but right now you should...they tell you remember your next 5 stops but screw that that's too much...remember the highest and lowest stops on each street until you get familiar with how the streets run...I'm drunk will think of more later roll tide

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Nope no brothers
IMG_2246.GIF

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Any good helpful pointers/methods out there for quicker package selection, remembering your next stop, package quantity, and shelf location. Also tips for being out of your package car within 9 seconds. I had a ride along today for my 30 day I was averaging about 9.5 seconds out of the truck I need to get that down to about 8 flat.
When going to start up the engine and go to your next stop. You should have the seat belt buckled, mirror pulled, Engine started and e brake released all at the same time. Every time.

Always push your pkgs on the shelves toward the bulk head door after selecting current stop. You should never be more than 3 steps inside the cargo area

The Driver

I drive.
Practice and focus. Move those packages up. Remember: sort for pakcages, don't just look for them. If you're sorting and throwing them in order as you look for the one or ones you need you'll be killing it in no time. Once you make book, slow down.

AlliSeeisBrown

If your truck is a manual, you can save a lot of time by letting it roll down the hill while you're putting your seatbelt on and checking the diad for the next stop. By that time you'll have gained enough speed to pop the clutch and get er' goin.

Brisket

If your truck is a manual, you can save a lot of time by letting it roll down the hill while you're putting your seatbelt on and checking the diad for the next stop. By that time you'll have gained enough speed to pop the clutch and get er' goin.

Lol
Ok then... and when you are asked about it if/when you are being observed???

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
9 seconds? Takes me longer than that to check my phone after each stop.

rod

Retired 22 years
Back in the day it was keep that key in your hand when not in the ignition

Guess that doesn't apply today

Steady and smooth beats fast and all over the place

I always found it easier to leave the key in the ignition---with the truck running if it was cold out. Also with the bulk head door lock jimmied so it wouldn't lock and no lock on the rear door. It was always a little embarrassing when they rode with you and you failed to take the key out the first few stops.