Helping out another location?

Jack_Burton

I've been offered the opportunity to help out another location and I was wondering if anyone had any input. Mainly I was wondering about mileage reimbursement and base rate changes. The new location is actually a little closer than my current one, does anybody know if I'd still qualify for mileage reimbursement in that case? Also I believe the location is on a higher base rate than the one I work currently, does that mean I'll get paid that base rate?

Oldfart

They should pay you mileage from your station to that station, each way. Something like .56 a mile or close to that. No idea about pay. That might be tough to adjust temporarily.

fdxsux

I think if you drive your own vehicle you get mileage. If you drive a FedEx vehicle you get paid your hourly rate for the time.

vantexan

I think if you drive your own vehicle you get mileage. If you drive a FedEx vehicle you get paid your hourly rate for the time.
I was a swing for two locations 40 miles apart in AZ. About 7-8 couriers each. If I drove a Fedex van to other location I was paid for my time. If I drove my own vehicle I was paid for my time plus mileage. Loved those days!

SmithBarney

In your vehicle you can choose mileage or hours, Mileage pays better.(I've been paid both at the same time.. probably a clerical error.

In FedEx vehicle, just hours.