Here is what I think is going on..

Tuned Out

There was too much changing at the top of management after decades of stability. Why would so many resign or quit all at one?? I heard that Smith Jr was going to be the 'face' of FedEx so everyone jumped ship; because [IMHO] he saw how much $$$ Ground was making and now with the casual program he will slowly or faster make Express have less $$ tied up in pensions and benefits while the Smith family pocket even more.. The other management leaders fought, lost, and quit.. My thought..

bacha29

There was too much changing at the top of management after decades of stability. Why would so many resign or quit all at one?? I heard that Smith Jr was going to be the 'face' of FedEx so everyone jumped ship; because [IMHO] he saw how much $$$ Ground was making and now with the casual program he will slowly or faster make Express have less $$ tied up in pensions and benefits while the Smith family pocket even more.. The other management leaders fought, lost, and quit.. My thought..
While I don't see you going to a contractor operation similar to Ground nevertheless Ground is currently providing 66% of the corporation total earnings Express can't help but to look at the low wages and little to nothing in the way of benefits Ground contractors pay their help and begin to wonder if whether or not they've been overpaying for labor for many years.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
No doubt Richard Smith will be the next Little Hitler. I understood he overtook Dave Bronzcek’s office in Memphis. It’s irritating that the media has sensationalized his climbing the ranks. For god’s sake it’s blatant nepotism, pure and simple.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
No doubt Richard Smith will be the next Little Hitler. I understood he overtook Dave Bronzcek’s office in Memphis. It’s irritating that the media has sensationalized his climbing the ranks. For god’s sake it’s blatant nepotism, pure and simple.

Geez guys, stop blabbing all the secrets. First Fred got Arthur a job with the Titans, and now this! SHHHHHHHH.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Only most? Must be some real dummies on your end.
7EEF14D0-07CB-41C3-9711-1A41D524ECE8.jpeg

59 Dano

No you did it for them. All they have to do is to look at the likes of you and they'll know that they're overpaying.

They think they can take me for peanuts and that I'll work until I'm too broken down to continue, kinda like they did with you, but no. I prefer cashews and macadamias, minimum.

bacha29

They think they can take me for peanuts and that I'll work until I'm too broken down to continue, kinda like they did with you, but no. I prefer cashews and macadamias, minimum.
Indeed. Right in front of us is your own free admission of the fact that you are not as high up in that company as you try to make us believe you are and given the ongoing dismemberment of the company's retirement healthcare and pension plan when it comes to reaching retirement age.....you won't be retired....you'll simply be disposed of. Seriously Dan, if a good offer were to come along that has a more stable and fully funded retirement plan I think you should seriously consider taking it.

Artee

I understood he overtook Dave Bronzcek’s office in Memphis.

Yes he did. I was in MEM a few weeks ago for training and they took us through the FDX HQ for a meet and greet. Guess Jr. was out at the time, but still managed to sneak a pic of his new fancy office.
new office.jpg

Tuned Out

Indeed. Right in front of us is your own free admission of the fact that you are not as high up in that company as you try to make us believe you are and given the ongoing dismemberment of the company's retirement healthcare and pension plan when it comes to reaching retirement age.....you won't be retired....you'll simply be disposed of. Seriously Dan, if a good offer were to come along that has a more stable and fully funded retirement plan I think you should seriously consider taking it.
I also 'thought' he held a position within Ex...BUT at times he almost sounds knowledgeable but then he slips up.. then again he must be in management because so many people dislike him here.. I am so confused.. There are great things FedEx has done and some real bad things to us BUT I can not complain too much

59 Dano

Indeed. Right in front of us is your own free admission of the fact that you are not as high up in that company as you try to make us believe you are and given the ongoing dismemberment of the company's retirement healthcare and pension plan when it comes to reaching retirement age.....you won't be retired....you'll simply be disposed of.

I said my position was at the regional level. I don't know how "high up" you think that is or isn't, but you're probably wrong either way.

Seriously Dan, if a good offer were to come along that has a more stable and fully funded retirement plan I think you should seriously consider taking it.

Yes, bacha, for the right compensation, I would go somewhere else -- as I've said here as many times as you've said "there are only so many people who will slave away for a Ground contractor."

Tuned Out

I said my position was at the regional level. I don't know how "high up" you think that is or isn't, but you're probably wrong either way.

Yes, bacha, for the right compensation, I would go somewhere else -- as I've said here as many times as you've said "there are only so many people who will slave away for a Ground contractor."

So that could be HR, Admin, Secretary, or maybe higher BUT your knowledge or protocol seems lacking for 'someone in the know'. I used to sit back and read your posts and watch people react and honestly thought you could of been a manager but over time your reaction to the posts and comments let me know you are not an office holder. You hear stuff but that seems about it. Everyone hears stuff but those close to the top know the truth.. The 'high and mighty' attitude towards everyone seems laughable.. But what do I know?? I am not at the region..

bacha29

So that could be HR, Admin, Secretary, or maybe higher BUT your knowledge or protocol seems lacking for 'someone in the know'. I used to sit back and read your posts and watch people react and honestly thought you could of been a manager but over time your reaction to the posts and comments let me know you are not an office holder. You hear stuff but that seems about it. Everyone hears stuff but those close to the top know the truth.. The 'high and mighty' attitude towards everyone seems laughable.. But what do I know?? I am not at the region..
He was recently promoted to his current position .......fourth assistant vice president of nonessential operations.

Tuned Out

He was recently promoted to his current position .......fourth assistant vice president of nonessential operations.
For someone who thinks he is a leader he sure loves to make sure everyone else knows they are 'below' him.. That is why I call BS on his role of a leader in FedEx. He is probably support at the region..