Jasoonis

It's that time of year again when the Union disappears and management gets to run wild. Those who have Saturday ground operations will know what I am talking about. I don't need any snarky remarks, save them please. I have a few simple questions.

1) Where in the contract does it state that we are forced to work 6 punches if we do not want the OT

2) Where in the contract does it state that after working 60 hours we are required to report to work as a helper?

The 60 Hours and then becoming a helper thing is absolute BS, I can see where the forced sixth punch can be debatable, but neither of these stipulations are in any section or article of our contract, yet we were forced 6 punches and over 60 hours last year, and have been told it will be the same this year.

So asking for some advice.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It's that time of year again when the Union disappears and management gets to run wild. Those who have Saturday ground operations will know what I am talking about. I don't need any snarky remarks, save them please. I have a few simple questions.

1) Where in the contract does it state that we are forced to work 6 punches if we do not want the OT

2) Where in the contract does it state that after working 60 hours we are required to report to work as a helper?

The 60 Hours and then becoming a helper thing is absolute BS, I can see where the forced sixth punch can be debatable, but neither of these stipulations are in any section or article of our contract, yet we were forced 6 punches and over 60 hours last year, and have been told it will be the same this year.

What supplemental agreement are you under ?

36 different options.

UPS Agreements, 2013 – 2018

Have you called your Local and asked them ?

-Bug-

542thruNthru

I'd never show up as a helper after 60 hours. I'm pretty sure if they are really that scewed I highly doubt they would fire me. Probably just complain and tell me how I let down the team. Though they let us all down before peak started with poor planning.

Also on a 6th day punch my sporh drops by half. I never understood why.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Hard not to be snarky, if you guys can’t work safely, why do you? Working after 60hrs isn’t just about being safe at work, it also includes you driving to and from work. I know if I felt worn out and falling asleep at the wheel to and from work after working long hours, I’d address it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

They could put you on a rolling 7 days hour clock and have you drive for 70 hours.

Would you rather do that?

W

What The Hawk?

Since when was the union actually around? Not being snarky, serious question.

My center doesn't do this, and I know damn well the drivers here would raise hell if they were "forced" to do anything else after a 60 hour work week. That's why we have an overflow of peak drivers for. :D