Here we go again

DorkHead

Hi guys, The same "push" came in our building a few months ago. I tell the sups. and 'my guys" the same thing....if a sup. goes out with a driver that is normally an hr. paid over, watches him all day and does "everything'" right and he is still an hr. paid over....then we are done...it's the route...not the driver. Now, as always, if that driver is all of a sudden scratch....then we have different issues. What I try to stress to my guys (I am a steward and yes I consider them 'my guys') is that if you go out every day and do your job to the best of your ability...you have nothing to worry about.

Around here it has to be a 3 day ride within 1 week.

40 and out

Around here it has to be a 3 day ride within 1 week.

Where I am, It has to be 3 consecutive days. Tues.,Wed.,and Thur. They did this with about 10 drivers last year in my building. 1 driver did get a 1 day suspension for running 1 stop an hour less per hour than on his 3 day ride,but thats as far as it went. Also, I know things seem to be different everywhere,but here anything used for discipline only stays in your file for 9 months. After 9 months,they have to do another 3 day ride and start over.

Theichii

Where I am, It has to be 3 consecutive days. Tues.,Wed.,and Thur. They did this with about 10 drivers last year in my building. 1 driver did get a 1 day suspension for running 1 stop an hour less per hour than on his 3 day ride,but thats as far as it went. Also, I know things seem to be different everywhere,but here anything used for discipline only stays in your file for 9 months. After 9 months,they have to do another 3 day ride and start over.

He was suspended for production issues? You must jest. lol

iamhuge

Banned
I have posted similar posts before and will prolly get the same smart ass responses(you da man)ect. But i am in the hole 2 to 3 hours a day. After a 9.5 greivance. they rode with me 8 of 10 days. Yes, i was 2 to 3 hours in the hole everyday with sup on car. I also carry a 6.60 day. If it goes higher, i come in later and file another 9.5. They will leave you alone if you do the same or better on paper when you drive alone. Always get a copy of your time card the second you punch out after a ride so they cant change numbers. Miles have been changed and they have been known to change "in building time" to approved am meeting to look better on paper on days of ride along. Anyway, nothing has changed for me since the recession. Still doing same amount of work. Never was diciplined, and still havnt been. It can be done. Despite ups tough guy approach, if you dont steal time, YOU WILL NOT BE FIRED FOR PRODUCTION.

DorkHead

yes, they have changed the A.M. time in the report many times in my center also. We leave the bldg on a average of 25 minutes after start. Whenever my overallowed is circled I always tell them to subtract time in bldg off overallowed. That is my real time. All these numbers are based on the moment you start getting paid. If you start at 8:30 that`s when SPHOR start, not at 8:55 when you leave

brownrodster

yIf you start at 8:30 that`s when SPHOR start, not at 8:55 when you leave

No. SPORH is your number of stops plus number of pickups divided by time on road (left building to return to building). I do the math in my head all day every day and always know exactly what my SPORH is. When I check the numbers paper next morning my mental math is always within a tenth of what shows up on that paper. If they counted in building time against SPORH then my number would be way off.

trickpony1

Always get a copy of your time card the second you punch out after a ride so they cant change numbers. Miles have been changed and they have been known to change "in building time" to approved am meeting to look better on paper on days of ride along.

wouldn't that be falsification and dishonesty by management?

hmmmm.......it seems there is more dishonesty and falsifacation by management than some management posters here would like us to believe.

....but then it's okay to fire GeorgiaBrown for 7 weeks for doing something that benefits the customer and had no criminal intent?