Here's a gas card for doing your job!!

UPSSOCKS

How many companies reward you for doing your job? UPS has done it for years. We used to buy employees lunch for having less than 3 misloads a month, but isn't that employees job not to have misloads. We used to give employees prizes for not getting injured. Isn't it the employees job to work safe. UPS created a monster, by rewarding people for just doing their jobs. That's why everyone is in an uproar. Everyone is so used to getting something for just doing their job. I feel you get a paycheck for doing your job. I'm happy about the turkeys. That was the first of many missiles that the company is going to fire. Wait until 2010, you will forget about the turkey's by February. Don't fear, the turkeys will be back next year. I still believe in recognizing people for a job well done, but it's been a while since I have seen a job well done. It seems to me teamsters just worry about the job, and not the quality and efficiency of the job. For that reason I applaud the taking of the turkey's for that reason I am in full support of the cutbacks to come..... Merry Christmas....

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
How many companies reward you for doing your job? UPS has done it for years. We used to buy employees lunch for having less than 3 misloads a month, but isn't that employees job not to have misloads. We used to give employees prizes for not getting injured. Isn't it the employees job to work safe. UPS created a monster, by rewarding people for just doing their jobs. That's why everyone is in an uproar. Everyone is so used to getting something for just doing their job. I feel you get a paycheck for doing your job. I'm happy about the turkeys. That was the first of many missiles that the company is going to fire. Wait until 2010, you will forget about the turkey's by February. Don't fear, the turkeys will be back next year. I still believe in recognizing people for a job well done, but it's been a while since I have seen a job well done. It seems to me teamsters just worry about the job, and not the quality and efficiency of the job. For that reason I applaud the taking of the turkey's for that reason I am in full support of the cutbacks to come..... Merry Christmas....

Why should a supe get a half month bonus for doing his JOB. Why should a supe get an MIP award for doing his JOB.

UPSSOCKS

Why should a supe get a half month bonus for doing his JOB. Why should a supe get an MIP award for doing his JOB.

Do are comparing Apples to Oranges. Management runs the company. Teamsters just work there. They don't have control or say in anything. They think they do, but no one cares what they say. Management may not deserve the bonuses but they get them because it is their company.

Theichii

They give us these perks for an exceptional job. Waiters will get at least minimum wage for doing their job. They make better money doing their job exceptionally. The turkey and and food and all that other stuff is lagniappe that is a reward for doing our job exceptionally we are not machines we do make mistakes, but when we don't make mistakes at all and are rewarded for that, it makes us focus on not making mistakes.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Why don't you BROWN UP your fat lazy dictator ass & go out with some drivers & learn how they go the extra mile & care about the customer even when mgmnt makes a mistake,the 'driver' has to smooth out the customer!UPS driving is not a game you can play on XBOX in Mom's basement & think you have it mastered you part time peon !!! If you treated your people with a little respect,you would get more.

brownrod

go out with some drivers & learn how they go the extra mile & care about the customer even when mgmnt makes a mistake,the 'driver' has to smooth out the customer!

Our function as a UPS service provider is to show up, hand someone a package, collect a signature and leave. It is not our job to smooth out anything with customers or go an extra mile. These things slow us down and UPS does not want us to do anything that slows us down.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Our function as a UPS service provider is to show up, hand someone a package, collect a signature and leave. It is not our job to smooth out anything with customers or go an extra mile. These things slow us down and UPS does not want us to do anything that slows us down.
You better hope they don't train monkeys,or we all will be gone if thats how you do the job !!

UPSSOCKS

Why don't you BROWN UP your fat lazy dictator ass & go out with some drivers & learn how they go the extra mile & care about the customer even when mgmnt makes a mistake,the 'driver' has to smooth out the customer!UPS driving is not a game you can play on XBOX in Mom's basement & think you have it mastered you part time peon !!! If you treated your people with a little respect,you would get more.

I was starting to think you might of put me on ignore..... Nice to hear from you... I'm growin a larry bird mustache for you.... I hope the queer folk in the building don't get the wrong idea...

Treegrower

Do are comparing Apples to Oranges. Management runs the company. Teamsters just work there. They don't have control or say in anything. They think they do, but no one cares what they say. Management may not deserve the bonuses but they get them because it is their company.

Just wondering.... Why then do most if not all of the companies on the Forbes list of The Best 50 Places to work, most if not all are NON-UNION all have GREAT perks that go along with their salaries or the hourly rates of pay, even during these tough times. And no I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT WALL STREET or Goldman Sachs Ect. Ect. These perks are not just for Mgt. but for all employees. Yes , UPS may be bigger than most in terms of number of overall employees but alot of these companies with great , tremendous perks have hourly employees in the tens of thoundsands range and theymake the list of Best Places To Work year after year. Just wondering then UPSSOCKS, what is your take on that?

UPSSOCKS

Just wondering.... Why then do most if not all of the companies on the Forbes list of The Best 50 Places to work, most if not all are NON-UNION all have GREAT perks that go along with their salaries or the hourly rates of pay, even during these tough times. And no I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT WALL STREET or Goldman Sachs Ect. Ect. These perks are not just for Mgt. but for all employees. Yes , UPS may be bigger than most in terms of number of overall employees but alot of these companies with great , tremendous perks have hourly employees in the tens of thoundsands range and theymake the list of Best Places To Work year after year. Just wondering then UPSSOCKS, what is your take on that?

I don't understand your question. Ongoing sentences and capital letters confuse me. Explain

mnnice

Can you give us some examples of these companies that are giving their employees rewards or are you just assuming UPS is the only one that ignores their employees by just giving them one of the best benefit programs in the industry and not to mention the wage. Please be more specific.

UPSSOCKS

Can you give us some examples of these companies that are giving their employees rewards or are you just assuming UPS is the only one that ignores their employees by just giving them one of the best benefit programs in the industry and not to mention the wage. Please be more specific.

Well said some of these non union companies don't even provide benefits.

UPSSOCKS

I don't know where all the hourlys get off thinking they have a stake in anything. How can you compare yourself to management? We are the elite and you work for us.