Here's hoping our CEO is stuck in traffic.

pretender

Speaking of cachsux, almost all of the problems in Atlanta was caused by tractor-trailers.
The cars that had problems seemed to be rear wheel drive cars.
It seems that tractor-trailers could not pull the grades with ice on them.
From what they are showing on TV, at least 75% of the stranded vehicles are tractor=trailers with many, many jack-knifed. The GA DOT is concentrating on pulling those tractor-trailers out from the front of stalled miles of traffic.

So, I was under the impression that tractor-trailers could make it when cars cannot.
Why is it that the tractor-trailers cannot make it up grades that cars can?

If there were only tractor-trailers on the road, chances are most of them would be able to pull the icy grades (within reason). The problem is that many people in cars are either driving way too fast or too slow. If someone blows by you and loses it, you have to slow down to the point that you lose your momentum. The same goes for people driving too slow, and blocking all lanes.

local4885

Understand that Atlanta doesn't have the proper equipment for snow and ice . LoL , come on . Michigander's have been trucking on 4 inches of ice for the past 3 to 4 weeks.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If there were only tractor-trailers on the road, chances are most of them would be able to pull the icy grades (within reason). The problem is that many people in cars are either driving way too fast or too slow. If someone blows by you and loses it, you have to slow down to the point that you lose your momentum. The same goes for people driving too slow, and blocking all lanes.
That wasn't the problem here this time ... the tractor trailers could not pull the grades and they did not have chains on.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Understand that Atlanta doesn't have the proper equipment for snow and ice . LoL , come on . Michigander's have been trucking on 4 inches of ice for the past 3 to 4 weeks.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Ironically, they interviewed a trucker from Michigan and he was complaining that the roads were not salted and sanded. He jackknifed trying to pull a hill in North Atlanta.

cach likes two small ones rather than one big one? hey to each their own man

images

Not everyone can handle two.

Sent using BrownCafe App

We have lots of equipment. Then again we have enough experience to walk outside, look at the conditions, and turn around and go back inside.

MaceFremonti

Oh I definitely agree with you there! Taking 53 footers through downtown Baltimore is not fun. For some reason I thought you ran through the gentle hills of the countryside.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Oh I definitely agree with you there! Taking 53 footers through downtown Baltimore is not fun. For some reason I thought you ran through the gentle hills of the countryside.

Sent using BrownCafe App

This makes me think of when I went to class to drive tractor trailers. Instructor had me drive around the Inner Harbor. Very nerve wracking!