Here's the question of the year. If we strike, will you cross?

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
I'm with the membership. I realize everybody's situation is different. Cost of Living at UPS is very different around the nation. Excessive OT along with a UPSer's commute is ruining families in large metro areas.

Our jobs take an extreme toll on our bodies, not to mention long-term employees are not as mentally sound & relaxed as they once were due to the years of abuse.

I'm closing in on retirement with this contract, you can't fault me for wanting/wishing this contract passes. Call me selfish or a Me'ster. Yet, I believe most in my position would feel the same way.

***However*** I will not cross, I will not Scab. If Teamster Nation says we walk. I'm walking with you guys.

No work force with 100's of thousands employees on the planet as a whole in its entirety works harder than us. From top to bottom. I am convinced.

All I ask is my co-workers weigh all the pro's & con's of our contract around mid-July and vote with your mind.

I'll be honest, I hate the stress of these contracts. We put up with enough as it is.

Service Cross Me as; 'RTS'

(Refuse to Scab)

Days

Aren't you the guy that made all the threads about how great you have it? You've had many great contracts and are close to retirement which imo is kind of like saying "I've gotten my fair share so screw the guys below me".

I'm not sure how strikes are stressful unless you're literally living paycheck to paycheck which is pretty bad budgeting.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I'm with the membership. I realize everybody's situation is different. Cost of Living at UPS is very different around the nation. Excessive OT along with a UPSer's commute is ruining families in large metro areas.

Our jobs take an extreme toll on our bodies, not to mention long-term employees are not as mentally sound & relaxed as they once were due to the years of abuse.

I'm closing in on retirement with this contract, you can't fault me for wanting/wishing this contract passes. Call me selfish or a Me'ster. Yet, I believe most in my position would feel the same way.

***However*** I will not cross, I will not Scab. If Teamster Nation says we walk. I'm walking with you guys.

No work force with 100's of thousands employees on the planet as a whole in its entirety works harder than us. From top to bottom. I am convinced.

All I ask is my co-workers weigh all the pro's & con's of our contract around mid-July and vote with your mind.

I'll be honest, I hate the stress of these contracts. We put up with enough as it is.

Service Cross Me as; 'RTS'

(Refuse to Scab)

giphy.gif

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
If you don’t have an emergency fund built for :censored2: like this, that’s your own fault. Hell, I’ve got an AC unit that needs replacing most likely, getting quotes this week. I’m not going to put it off because I had an EMERGENCY FUND for this kind of stuff. Same goes for a strike, it’s why I hoard money so I’m not the company’s bitch.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
With the influx of drivers hired and the cut-palooza going on, It's like some people already walked out for the week.
One guy worked one day the past two weeks.

Box Ox

I'm closing in on retirement with this contract, you can't fault me for wanting/wishing this contract passes.

Would you feel comfortable retiring from a Company that just cracked your Union with hybrid drivers? Might it not come after how much it pays into your retirement benefits next?

Hybrid drivers will be more interested in making the best of their cut rate pay and lesser benefits than insisting that the Union negotiate to sustain the generation of retiree drivers that sold them out by allowing two tier.

Hethatbeking

If you don’t have an emergency fund built for :censored2: like this, that’s your own fault. Hell, I’ve got an AC unit that needs replacing most likely, getting quotes this week. I’m not going to put it off because I had an EMERGENCY FUND for this kind of stuff. Same goes for a strike, it’s why I hoard money so I’m not the company’s bitch.
What state do you live in?