Herman Cain 9-9-9 disaster plan

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
"We just don't get it"......same old M.O.
Maybe you don't understand that 9-9-9 is only an idea.......not set in cement......it's a flexible transition into a more fair tax for everyone. Cain is a problem solver and will adapt as things change......unlike Obama who bulldozes through and doesn't fix anything.

Moreluck,

then explain to us that you grasp the concept of losing tax deductions, specifically, the ones some of us have mentioned, thus raising your percentage of taxes paid and a larger contribution on your part rather than just repreating the same old talking points about the 999 plan.

Tell us how you dont mind paying higher taxes on everything and anything,

At least acknowledge your taxes will go up.

Peace.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
tos, If we continue with bhos actions, cain's idea will still be the cheapest tax plan .

Watch what is coming soon out of the Super Committee on Spending Cuts.
They will be looking to change the tax savings one currently gets from 401k and other self pension plans.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Moreluck,

then explain to us that you grasp the concept of losing tax deductions, specifically, the ones some of us have mentioned, thus raising your percentage of taxes paid and a larger contribution on your part rather than just repreating the same old talking points about the 999 plan.

Peace.
A person would be an idiot if they didn't know about a uniform tax and simplifying the process and that it means no deductions for anyone!! Why do my tax deductions concern you so much. I will pay whatever I owe under whichever plan we have. All those who don't should be in jail. Under Cain's plan the very poorest would be exempt from paying anything.......he just covered that on a morning show. Did you know that fact?

I will be doing my part to help get this country out of the mess this stupid president got us into....and then I'll do my best to kick his ass out of the white house so he won't be putting his size 12's (Johnson & Murphy) on MY tables anymore!!

Moreluck,

Peace.
I'm still trying to figure out why you keep bringing up the loss of deductions. The first time I heard or read anything about the 999 plan, loss of 'ducts' was part of the presentation. You keep posing like is is a hidden fact when it isn't.

Isn't raising taxes what you left wingers have been wanting to do......for ever? Now you have a % of republicans will to go along with higher taxes and you're still not happy. new rope....hanging...bitch bitch bitch

klein

Für Meno :)
I didn't know any other republican in congress or the house supports the 9-9-9 plan, or even anyone from the Tea Party.
Can you name a few, or atleast 1.

klein

Where did I say anyone in congress does or doesn't support the 999 plan? I didn't.

That's the point, because they are stayiing far away from Cain's plan !
If it was such a good plan, you'ld think he would get atleast a few on his side, or comment something positive about it.

Expect Cain to be the big bulls-eye target on Tuesday, regarding his 999 plan !

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
A person would be an idiot if they didn't know about a uniform tax and simplifying the process and that it means no deductions for anyone!! Why do my tax deductions concern you so much. I will pay whatever I owe under whichever plan we have. All those who don't should be in jail. Under Cain's plan the very poorest would be exempt from paying anything.......he just covered that on a morning show. Did you know that fact?

I will be doing my part to help get this country out of the mess this stupid president got us into....and then I'll do my best to kick his ass out of the white house so he won't be putting his size 12's (Johnson & Murphy) on MY tables anymore!!

So am I to take from this that you acknowledge your percentage of the tax burden will increase? And if so, then you dont mind having your taxes raised to help pay the deficit?

As far as deductions, i dont care at all about your deductions, I just want you to acknowledge, so everyone can understand, that ALL deductions would be gone, and to say that a flat 9% tax would result in LESS taxes paid is to be dishonest.

Do the math. Lets say a person making 110K gross per year has 2 homes and three children. With deductions, the taxable portion of that 110K would be reduced to around 40K at 29%. Now, if you TAKE AWAY all the deductions, and ADD the 9% on repairs/maintenance on the homes, I would pay about 7000 dollars more in taxes under the 9-9-9 plan.

Then if you add the national sales tax on everything I buy during the year, my taxes for the year would exceed 10000 dollars.

The current tax code and sales tax spending has never exceeded 5000 dollars for me, so , all things being equal, my yearly taxes go up 5000.

How does this help me? vs. helping a billionaire whos taxes go DOWN to 9%?

A billionaire makes more money with this plan whereas I pay more. If there taxes go down, that means they have more money in the bank to earn interest on, whereas i have to pay more money out of my savings to pay the taxes I owe.

How do you reconcile this concept?

Peace.

That's the point, because they are stayiing far away from Cain's plan !
Expect Cain to be the big bulls-eye target on Tuesday, regarding his 999 plan !

I hope the one's aiming at Cain's plan do target him and the plan, that might bring out more details.

At this point most of the setting lawmakers are just wanting to keep their jobs. I haven't heard many of them supporting any candidate. Yes, some have spoken out but not in masses.

klein

TOS may I add to the above :

Besides all what TOS has just said, government tax revenue will actually decrease under Cain's plan, making even further cuts neccesary.
So, it does nothing to pay off the debt any quicker, either - actually the opposite !

The big winners : Corperations, and he's hoping they will spend all those extra non taxed dollars to expand and hire .
Newsflash for him : They are already sitting on trillions of dollars - how much more do they need, before they start spending it or hire more people ?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I hope the one's aiming at Cain's plan do target him and the plan, that might bring out more details.

At this point most of the setting lawmakers are just wanting to keep their jobs. I haven't heard many of them supporting any candidate. Yes, some have spoken out but not in masses.

Why do you have to "wait for more details"? Why not learn for yourself rather than the usual "wait for your programming?"

All you have to do is contact your tax person, and have him calculate your projected taxes under 999 vs what you do today. Once you see you will pay considerably more, then you can make an educated decision.

Waiting for more talking points isnt going to help you.

CAIN is going to be the last person who will come clean about this plan. What has he said so far? Nothing but surface talking points. Where has he EVER mentioned the loss of all deductions? He gets around it by saying "we throw out the whole tax code".... and somehow people say to themselves: " YA! THATS WHAT I WANT"

My question to the C-9 is this: Why do you believe raising the tax burden on the middle class while lowering taxes on the rich is a better plan than just raising taxes on millionaires and billionaires??

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
So am I to take from this that you acknowledge your percentage of the tax burden will increase? And if so, then you dont mind having your taxes raised to help pay the deficit?

As far as deductions, i dont care at all about your deductions, I just want you to acknowledge, so everyone can understand, that ALL deductions would be gone, and to say that a flat 9% tax would result in LESS taxes paid is to be dishonest.

Do the math. Lets say a person making 110K gross per year has 2 homes and three children. With deductions, the taxable portion of that 110K would be reduced to around 40K at 29%. Now, if you TAKE AWAY all the deductions, and ADD the 9% on repairs/maintenance on the homes, I would pay about 7000 dollars more in taxes under the 9-9-9 plan.

Then if you add the national sales tax on everything I buy during the year, my taxes for the year would exceed 10000 dollars.

The current tax code and sales tax spending has never exceeded 5000 dollars for me, so , all things being equal, my yearly taxes go up 5000.

How does this help me? vs. helping a billionaire whos taxes go DOWN to 9%?

A billionaire makes more money with this plan whereas I pay more. If there taxes go down, that means they have more money in the bank to earn interest on, whereas i have to pay more money out of my savings to pay the taxes I owe.

How do you reconcile this concept?

Peace.
Who gives a crap about the math??? If and when it's law, you'll pay it or else. That's the way it goes, zippy!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
TOS may I add to the above :

Besides all what TOS has just said, government tax revenue will actually decrease under Cain's plan, making even further cuts neccesary.
So, it does nothing to pay off the debt any quicker, either - actually the opposite !

The big winners : Corperations, and he's hoping they will spend all those extra non taxed dollars to expand and hire .
Newsflash for him : They are already sitting on trillions of dollars - how much more do they need, before they start spending it or hire more people ?
The reason they sit on the money is pure UNCERTAINTY !!!! Nobody knows what the repercussions will be from the Obamacare and other stuff. Once Certainty is restored, the hiring will commence!!

klein

Why will hiring commence, because Americans are going on a shopping spree as soon as they get to pay 9% more for everything ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Why will hiring commence, because Americans are going on a shopping spree as soon as they get to pay 9% more for everything ?
Oh, I'm sorry....I forgot you are incapable of logical thinking!!

Businesses must plan. To plan, you have to know all the rules and ins & outs of gov't intrusion. If anything is "up in the air", you cannot make a good plan for your hiring needs. Once the crap is removed, planning for your hiring needs can be precise and it will happen if your plan says you need people.

UPS does the Christmas manpower plans.....remember?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Who gives a crap about the math??? If and when it's law, you'll pay it or else. That's the way it goes, zippy!!

Got to love the mindset of the greying public. Ok, I surrender, you dont know what your talking about. I thought you might want to engage in a serious conversation, what was I thinking.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Got to love the mindset of the greying public. Ok, I surrender, you dont know what your talking about. I thought you might want to engage in a serious conversation, what was I thinking.

Peace.
J. Fred Mugs was the last ape who had a thought and was a ventriloquist with Dave Garroway as his dummy!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
As it is, the poor pay 7.35% in payroll taxes, a 1.35% spread on 9% sales tax. If the flat 9% income tax is also involved, that would be a 10.35% increase in taxes for almost half of the country alone

http://www.levyinstitute.org/pubs/wp_589.pdf

Check out pages 44 and 48 on the above link, if interested...disturbing information and this is pre-2007 data.

Inflation adjusted percentage increase in after-tax household income for the top 1% and the four quintiles, between 1979 and 2005 (gains by top 1% are reflected by bottom bar; bottom quintile by top bar).[23]

Also under the 9-9-9 plan, anyone withdrawing from a Roth IRA would be taxed twice on that money. :happy-very:

klein

Oh, I'm sorry....I forgot you are incapable of logical thinking!!

Businesses must plan. To plan, you have to know all the rules and ins & outs of gov't intrusion. If anything is "up in the air", you cannot make a good plan for your hiring needs. Once the crap is removed, planning for your hiring needs can be precise and it will happen if your plan says you need people.

UPS does the Christmas manpower plans.....remember?

Oh, that's how it works !
I always thought companies expanded on supply and demands creteria.
So, under your logic, all these US firms are just sitting on a high level on orders, but won't manufacture any of them, until Obama is gone.

So, how many Americans are waiting for a new car as we speak, that can't be delivered until the future planning problems are solved ?
Good thinjg Apple makes those Iphones in China !
If they were made in America, we would need to wait until atleast Nov. 2012, before they could even go on production.

I hope you don't run out of milk or other groceries soon. I hope the food manufacturing plants can keep up, even if demand gets larger, and refuse to expand, or produce more.