Hey Guys, I'm new to Brown Cafe and I'm curious about a PT Supervisor Position.

joeyl615

Okay so, I've been working at UPS since early October and I've been loving it. This kind of work environment is perfect for me. I love fast paced work and I'm always ready to push myself even more. I started off as an unloader and within two weeks they promoted me to the sort aisle. The head boss of the shift gave me a raise before I even made it to the sort aisle. Within a month or so working in the sort aisle I got another raise on top of the promotion to the sort aisle. I get along great with all of the supervisors and my coworkers and never had any kind of problem. I come to work at least 15 mins early every day. I can tell my work is appreciated by a lot of people, the head boss called me a "mad man" the other day when they needed help in the unload and that makes me feel great.

*Keep in mind I'm not trying to boast I'm just giving you guys a little bit of a background on my career with UPS so far.*

Anyways, I'm gonna cut to the point of this thread. I am dying for a supervisor position but I just don't know how to go about it. From my understanding you have to be asked to become a supervisor after showing your hard work but to be honest, I've been busting my ass and no one has asked me about a supervisor position yet. So can you guys help me out and explain to me what I have to do in order to show my interest in a supervisor position?

Thanks, and I'm glad to be a part of the BrownCafe/UPS family.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
"Dying for a supervisor position?" Oh boy....all you need for a supervisor position is the abilities to bend over, and fog a mirror. But you seem like a eager kid with the ability to use paragraphs....so you want to be promoted? Stop waiting for someone to ask you...and talk to your FT sup and HR about your interest in management.

Last edited:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Okay so, I've been working at UPS since early October and I've been loving it. This kind of work environment is perfect for me. I love fast paced work and I'm always ready to push myself even more. I started off as an unloader and within two weeks they promoted me to the sort aisle. The head boss of the shift gave me a raise before I even made it to the sort aisle. Within a month or so working in the sort aisle I got another raise on top of the promotion to the sort aisle. I get along great with all of the supervisors and my coworkers and never had any kind of problem. I come to work at least 15 mins early every day. I can tell my work is appreciated by a lot of people, the head boss called me a "mad man" the other day when they needed help in the unload and that makes me feel great.

*Keep in mind I'm not trying to boast I'm just giving you guys a little bit of a background on my career with UPS so far.*

Anyways, I'm gonna cut to the point of this thread. I am dying for a supervisor position but I just don't know how to go about it. From my understanding you have to be asked to become a supervisor after showing your hard work but to be honest, I've been busting my ass and no one has asked me about a supervisor position yet. So can you guys help me out and explain to me what I have to do in order to show my interest in a supervisor position?

Thanks, and I'm glad to be a part of the BrownCafe/UPS family.

Doesn't that make anyone other than me wonder?

"Head bosses" just giving out raises?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Part time supervision to go driving=COOL. Full time supervision=NOT COOL. If you wanna be a sellout go into fulltime supervision but youll have to able to look into the mirror everyday and know you sold out and everything you do is not right,dishonest and shady. Just the brutal truth, all the drivers will tell you that. Do I dislike the supes? No not at all, but they know the real deal on what is real and what isn't and what should be done instead of what shouldn't be done. I couldn't ever do it because im not the type of person that's going to stand for something im not and something I truly don't believe in. I couldn't live with it, it would bother the hell out of my conscious.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I've never successfully seen a PT sup become a driver....I've seen a bunch of them try....but once you go management....you usually can't go back.

Rainman

Its all good.
I've never successfully seen a PT sup become a driver....I've seen a bunch of them try....but once you go management....you usually can't go back.
I have seen plenty of them make driver..... And a lot of them never want to go back to management again. Where I am part time management can go to full time hourly, but no full time management are allowed. If you don't like full time management, you go out the door.

Sent using BrownCafe App

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
No incentive to go into management any more. Ask any full time supe with nobody else around and I bet you 9 out of 10 tell you its not worth the stress and headache. Supes don't run the centers, ATLANTA does.

ncupser82

We have 2 drivers in our center that were PT supes during the '97 strike, after the strike UPS needed to hire drivers and approached them for the positions...they made the best choices of their career!

Sent using BrownCafe App