Hey Pre loaders

BUCN85

I work preload in ohio at a smaller hub. About 24-27 routes go out of our building to give you an idea. And I was just curious how other preloaders around the country are given work. I.e. how many trucks do you load with how many total pieces? I load 3-4 trucks and get anywhere from 700-1000 pieces daily.

J

jibbs

I split the belt solo (most days, and there's only 20 trucks back there when every bay is being used) and load two trucks. Usually between 300-325 pieces each, but occasionally I'll be blessed with a 250 day on one of them.

If they've got a guy helping with the split I usually see myself loading two trucks and a small(ish) trailer that connect to the back of a package car. I have issues with people throwing packages inches from my face into my truck, though, so usually it's just me splitting the belt and loading my usual two.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
There's different types of operations, as noted above, but your building's workload reflects that of an average Preloader (working 4 hours each day) systemwide (3-4 trucks, 700-1000 pieces).

Dash549

I work preload in ohio at a smaller hub. About 24-27 routes go out of our building to give you an idea. And I was just curious how other preloaders around the country are given work. I.e. how many trucks do you load with how many total pieces? I load 3-4 trucks and get anywhere from 700-1000 pieces daily.

Big hub, boxline, I load 3 trucks, average around 700 not sure since I don't keep track. 4.5 to 5 hours a day

SafetyPants

Box line, end of line , 4 cars. My range is 1150-1350 packages. Interestingly enough, the daily total of all four of my load charts is always 200-250 packages higher than my 'volume' posted on my next day's progress report. Why is my volume reduced on those sheets? Any ideas?

Random_Facts

Larger hub, about 144 routes, 3-4 trucks anywhere from 1200 to 1500 pieces a day in about 4.5 hours. Of course most only pull about 700 on the residential routes until christmas. Belt to Truck.

tre305

i loaded three trucks once. it was awful. id rather stick to unloading 53 footers, sorting, spa'ing, data acq'ing, overgooding, etc etc

browntroll

i loaded three trucks once. it was awful. id rather stick to unloading 53 footers, sorting, spa'ing, data acq'ing, overgooding, etc etc
i agree with you, that early in the morning im too simple minded to do much. i dont get how preloaders go in there everyday
and load up to 5 trucks sometimes. i saw one guy unload for 3 hours was sent to preload to load 4 trucks in 2 hours.

laffter

Slide to car. I'll estimate that we have about 140 routes going out daily.
With the exception of Monday, I've been getting about five hours per day lately- rarely below 4.5.

Mostly everyone in the building loads 3 cars. There may be a few 4's depending on the day. Work volume per preloader is never distributed equally.
In recent weeks, I would be expecting anywhere from 1050-1150 daily, peaking out at ~1200 on one particular day- while someone else may only be doing about ~850. This past week has been a nice break with 900-950 pieces daily.

On occasion, I am given only two cars to load (700-750 pieces). Someone in management might have a crush on me.