Hey satellite drivers

messUPS

I'm curious on how my satellite building rates with some of the others. My package car sits in a tin building with no door on it. There's no running water out there and a dim light. I hear UPS pays a pretty penny for rent each month. Just wondering on what some of the other buildings are like.

iruhnman630

Our satellite uses a storage garage. No bathrooms.

side note - our sat guy is on vacation this week, and I'm running the route that shuttles that sat route out. How do they show their appreciation to the driver who signed up to cover the sat route this week? 110 stops. He got home at 10:00 the other night.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Heated building in the winter. Air conditioning in the summer. Garage door opener with remote. Full bathroom with shower. Cable TV with a couch.

Vasper44

Mine sits outside, within a chain link fence. I'm usually sweating like a pig after loading my truck before I ever get to my first stop. Freezing cold and snow in the winter, when it rains there is about a 2-3 foot gap between the trailer that brings my packages and my truck. I don't really care about me getting wet, but the packages are drenched :angry:. Very poorly thought out, but nobody cares.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Mine sits outside, within a chain link fence. I'm usually sweating. like a pig after loading my truck before I ever get to my first stop. Freezing cold and snow in the winter, when it rains there is about a 2-3 foot gap between the trailer that brings my packages and my truck. I don't really care about me getting wet, but the packages are drenched :angry:. Very poorly thought out, but nobody cares.

Why don't you use a piece of plastic or plywood to set over the truck and trailer. Better than getting drenched. Just a thought

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Mine sits outside, within a chain link fence. I'm usually sweating like a pig after loading my truck before I ever get to my first stop. Freezing cold and snow in the winter, when it rains there is about a 2-3 foot gap between the trailer that brings my packages and my truck. I don't really care about me getting wet, but the packages are drenched :angry:. Very poorly thought out, but nobody cares.
I rigged up a tarp with bungee cords to hold it into place. Cost around $20 a couple years ago and sent the bill to my center manager.