Hi all, I'm a freshie!

ChrisGoesPewPew

I just started as an AM loader/unloader last month and am working towards being a package car driver as soon as possible. I will be one of the seasonal driver fill in guys for our branch. I'm excited to start my career at UPS.

Indecisi0n

I just started as an AM loader/unloader last month and am working towards being a package car driver as soon as possible. I will be one of the seasonal driver fill in guys for our branch. I'm excited to start my career at UPS.
On Fridays at 20:00 we all get together in the brown chat to have sort of a slumber party for the new guys. Hopefully we will see you there this weekend.

fishtm2001

I remember how it all started for me. A former driver told me what to do, although these days it probably wouldn't work. He said go to the building but not too early as everyone would be scrambling to get the trucks out the door. dress nice but don't over-do it. Walk up to someone who looks like they might be somewhat in charge, look him in the eye and say " I am interested in working here".
I did as instructed and the supervisor told me they weren't hiring. As I was leaving he called me back and gave me a name and phone number. The rest is as they say, history. Hired on as a jumper (you can tell I go back a ways) that xmas and then they hired me on the re-load. Six years later with my teaching degree and a couple years substitute teaching under my belt, I bid on a driver job to check it out, thinking if it was torture, I would leave and go teach. Needless to say I discovered I could do it and even enjoyed it.

Good luck.

Indecisi0n

I remember how it all started for me. A former driver told me what to do, although these days it probably wouldn't work. He said go to the building but not too early as everyone would be scrambling to get the trucks out the door. dress nice but don't over-do it. Walk up to someone who looks like they might be somewhat in charge, look him in the eye and say " I am interested in working here".
I did as instructed and the supervisor told me they weren't hiring. As I was leaving he called me back and gave me a name and phone number. The rest is as they say, history. Hired on as a jumper (you can tell I go back a ways) that xmas and then they hired me on the re-load. Six years later with my teaching degree and a couple years substitute teaching under my belt, I bid on a driver job to check it out, thinking if it was torture, I would leave and go teach. Needless to say I discovered I could do it and even enjoyed it.

Good luck.
Today he would be arrested for trespassing.

fishtm2001

Today he would be arrested for trespassing.
Those were the good ol days. I had my tearly safety ride once where the sup met me in the parking lot, got in the truck, clearly hungover, raked some packages forward on one of the lower shelves, lying down there he said " wake me up when it's over".

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Those were the good ol days. I had my tearly safety ride once where the sup met me in the parking lot, got in the truck, clearly hungover, raked some packages forward on one of the lower shelves, lying down there he said " wake me up when it's over".
Is that a true story? If so, tell more about the day. Don't say names, is he still there?