Hi - Got my Seniority Today - 2 Cents

DennyHamlin

Hi everyone. Big day for me... Finally my time invested is protected. Today i gained seniority. Will be joining union immediately if i'm not in already? Waiting on call back from the union hall to confirm this. Just wanted to share. I plan on working at UPS for two years until school is done and if its worth it, at that time, longer.. Happy to say ill have my benefits by April 1st and a nice fat tuition reimbursement check a month later. Just trying not to kill myself in the mean time!! Anyway I have been busting my ass for a while. I started in peak season (free period) and didn't get fired so I'm happy as hell my investment will be protected now by the union. Probably will slow down a little bit and work at a safer pace since i know now i cant get fired for being slow... I could tell management didn't care if i followed the safe work methods they just wanted me keep belt clean. Just here to do a fair days work for a fair days pay.

PS brown cafe is pretty cool i like being able to find out random stuff without asking everyone dumb questions. (people at my hub tend to qive wrong answesrs anyway) I like to ask brown cafe / refer to my national and local contract / or ask shop steward as last resort if i cant confirm another way.

Last edited:

BrownBrokeDown

Hi everyone. Big day for me... Finally my time invested is protected. Today i gained seniority. Will be joining union immediately if i'm not in already? Waiting on call back from the union hall to confirm this. Just wanted to share. I plan on working at UPS for two years until school is done and if its worth it, at that time, longer.. Happy to say ill have my benefits by April 1st and a nice fat tuition reimbursement check a month later. Just trying not to kill myself in the mean time!! Anyway I have been busting my ass for a while. I started in peak season (free period) and didn't get fired so I'm happy as hell my investment will be protected now by the union. Probably will slow down a little bit and work at a safer pace since i know now i cant get fired for being slow... I could tell management didn't care if i followed the safe work methods they just wanted me keep belt clean. Just here to do a fair days work for a fair days pay.

PS brown cafe is pretty cool i like being able to find out random stuff without asking everyone dumb questions. (people at my hub tend to qive wrong answesrs anyway) I like to ask brown cafe / refer to my national and local contract / or ask shop steward as last resort if i cant confirm another way.
Benefits april 1st? Healthcare starts at a year.

DennyHamlin

@cosmo1 as per my local teamsters benefit fund. I worked the hour required hours within the quarter and I will be receiving my cards by 4-1. Maybe different in my local. As for tuition reimbursement my application was approved and I will be receiving the maximum amount within 60 days after passing and completing my courses.

DennyHamlin

@olroadbeech awww were you used and abused by ups? For the work im putting in I intend fully to be compensated and will get everything possible for it. Sorry it didnt work out for you!!!

Last edited: