Hi, I’m new. First day. A few questions?

So I load the truck. My trainer is very good, 11 years! However, it is a new facility, just opened two weeks ago. It seems really unorganized, and at the end of my shift the driver was pissed off with how his truck was packed. I did what I was told to do, but my trainer said that it was the supervisors fault. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. It’s a really nice facility, just don’t want to get the wrong impression.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Your last sentence is irrelevant.

We have new loaders working in what is called an MDU, which is basically a trailer that has been converted in to a mini loading dock with a conveyor belt run up the middle. No heat.

Your last sentence is irrelevant.

We have new loaders working in what is called an MDU, which is basically a trailer that has been converted in to a mini loading dock with a conveyor belt run up the middle. No heat.
Well, good luck to those people, I’m not complaining, just trying to understand the company.

Your only concern at this point should be doing the best job that you can for the drivers that you are loading.

Your driver was most likely upset because you did not give him/her a custom load.
Again, thanks. I did what I was told to do, and at the end of the shift I will admit his truck looked like a mess. I’m sure there is a better way to do this. I’m 37, and have a college degree. I did the best I could.