hi

bmd22

Hi,
Loader, began work in July and hit my 30 day seniority. I hit my peak and I'm a in a slump.
Oldest loader in the bay at 26 years of age (once someone leaves the bay to be a driver maybe another in the bay is older).

My supervisor is 2 year hiree that is way younger than me wants me to be in top ten everyday.

I know he wants me to succeed and I should to but geez.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Hi,
Loader, began work in July and hit my 30 day seniority. I hit my peak and I'm a in a slump.
Oldest loader in the bay at 26 years of age (once someone leaves the bay to be a driver maybe another in the bay is older).

My supervisor is 2 year hiree that is way younger than me wants me to be in top ten everyday.

It's 40 now

StackedOut’n’Vibing

cardboard peasant
What are you in a slump about? If it’s the age thing then don’t worry about it. I’m 32 and started in preload this summer. There is no “peak” unless you give up. It’s just a job man, hopefully you have other hobbies and aspirations outside this grunt work to keep you going.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Started same age as you, man. You’re in the union so just take it easy until they call you up to drive. Remember that they cannot harass you about production, so just show up on time, work as directed (safely), do your best, get your guaranteed hours and wait patiently. Better late than never.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Hi,

Ah......to be 26 again....

FozziesDeliveries

I started at ups in unload at 32 years old. Then loaded trucks then to driving. Don't let worrying about how old you are get into your head. The details of this post are slim... but to me it just sounds like your supervisor is doing what management does here, pushing you to up your production. Just focus on working safe first, then work hard and steady without killing yourself.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Hi,

Everytime they give you a standard...

Ask them to demonstrate it for you.

A couple times of that and you won't be able to find them if you were on fire.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hi,

Work at a pace that you can maintain for 30
Years
Your supe doesent guve 2 :censored2:s about you
He’s just trying to keep his boss off of HIS ass

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
What are you in a slump about? If it’s the age thing then don’t worry about it. I’m 32 and started in preload this summer. There is no “peak” unless you give up. It’s just a job man, hopefully you have other hobbies and aspirations outside this grunt work to keep you going.

So you’re 32 and just started part time
Do you still live in moms basement also

Box Ox

Hi,

After you achieve seniority, hitting your supervisor’s production numbers is not succeeding. That gets you absolutely nothing. Protecting your body by working at a reasonable pace is succeeding. I know that’s not easy to understand in your 20s when things aren’t hurting yet and the natural desire to be good at your job is stronger than anything else.

StackedOut’n’Vibing

cardboard peasant
So you’re 32 and just started part time
Do you still live in moms basement also
Have never quite found the “career” path for me. Started in the trades, then wildland fire and EMS, and now here.

And no lol I don’t live with my mom. Just don’t have debt or kids and know how to budget responsibly. I am newly married and that helps a bit. She wants to go into tech so maybe I can be house husband some day :)

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Hi,

Started as an unloader at age 35. Did that for a year straight, two peaks, until a clerk job opened up. Then I did it every other week for another year. You just gotta do your best man.
Work at a safe pace, stay hydrated and most of all stay positive.