High Risk Courier for COVID19

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by eaglesRchamps52, Mar 22, 2020.

1. eaglesRchamps52

eaglesRchamps52 New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the boards here, just looking for some info from some seasoned vets on how to approach management about taking off from work because I'm at high risk for the coronavirus (and at a higher risk for severe complications).

My endocrinologist called me this morning and told me that I shouldn't be working (unless I can do it from home) due to the current CDC guidelines.

I can't be the only courier at FedEx that's at higher risk for the virus, but I truly wanted to keep working. I don't think management is going to just let me go on paid leave.

Any input on what my rights as a PT PM courier (been with Express for over a year) are, would be greatly appreciated.

2. I am FedEx

I am FedEx Member

FT 3 year courier... I don’t even want to go into work... Our management is still not taking it seriously... We have only received gloves... no hand sanitizer...

3. Serf

Serf Well-Known Member

Decade in. Do what you feel is right. Do what you are comfortable with. I for one are hard charging in. Good luck.

4. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

You have a DRs note! It won't be paid, but take it off if you can afford it.

5. upsbeernut

upsbeernut Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont

Don’t feel like the Lone Ranger. Big corporations lose they’re sense of reality towards their people that keep the company moving to create profit. Sanitizer should have been ordered for all facilities 4 weeks ago. Corporate procrastination could be the way of saying they don’t care.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. I think it in part of the bailout bill. Paid leave for people and tax credits for the companies

7. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Well-Known Member

Maybe paid leave if you test positive at FedEx. If you can get tested..

8. They are proposing ideas with the bail out

9. It will be fine

It will be fine Well-Known Member

New law doesn’t apply to companies over 500 employees.

10. Too bad he doesn't work for Brown. Two weeks paid leave if you test positive

11. It will be fine

It will be fine Well-Known Member

You’d probably burn that 2 weeks before you could get a test result.

12. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

FMLA does.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. I could drive for you in the meantime.,

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  14. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Well-Known Member

FMLA is un paid

15. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

In some states it is paid.

16. But you still get your health insurance

17. Operational needs

Operational needs Virescit Vulnere Virtus

5-6 (depends on what site you look at) states and DC it is paid.

18. eaglesRchamps52

eaglesRchamps52 New Member

I appreciate the input, everyone.

I see my doctor tomorrow morning; he will give me a letter requesting that FedEx allow me to stop working in order to follow CDC guidelines. I'll present the letter to my PM OPS manger and see what he says. I get the feeling I may have to apply for FMLA. We'll see...

PU volume started declining last week, so I wouldn't be surprised if management started pushing to condense some PU routes with a lot of businesses closing in PA and NJ.

I'll post an update tomorrow after I see my doctor and talk to my manager.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  19. I am FedEx

I am FedEx Member

Keep us posted. Can’t wait to hear what management says...

20. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

Management will say nothing. They are silently hoping people keep showing up because they have an answer if they don’t.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020