High Seniority Package Car Drivers -. Why didn't you go feeders?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by MrBates, Apr 2, 2019.

1. MrBates

MrBates Active Member

Just wanted to get some input from Service Providers that decided feeders wasn't for them. Why did you stay in package? The reason I ask is because I know so many co workers that went to feeders, and every time I talk to them they tell me how great it is and how I should get my name on the waiting list. So for those who stayed, what were the reasons for not transferring to feeders?

2. rod

rod retired and happy

I worked a couple of night jobs in my life. Not for me. We had NO daytime feeder routes out of my building. Night time was for partying, love making and sleeping. Not for stareing at headlights for 10+ hours. Besides that I didn't want to get fat.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Underallowed306

Underallowed306 Active Member

My wife told me I couldn’t do it. She seems to believe I get cranky when my sleep pattern is off. Day runs are limited in my center.

4. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

giphy (10).gif

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Currently the paid days are 8.5-9. You don’t struggle with bricked out trucks and late nights. You actually leave work right after everyone else with 9-5 jobs have been sitting in traffic for hours while you zip home. You get home in time to do things that you used to save for weekends, making weekends that much more enjoyable.

I could do this for 30+ years easy if it stays this way.

6. badpal

badpal Active Member

Seen some actually come back to package car, either couldnt sleep during the day or the wife didnt like it. One had to come back to days because his wife would run around and cheat if he wasnt home at nights.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Harley Rider

Harley Rider 34 yrs & done!

Would have loved to have gone to feeders if I had of gotten the opportunity. We only had two feeder routes out of our center and the drivers were not going anywhere. Followed my route to a satellite center where I finished out my 34 years. No feeder routes out of that center so I wound up in package car my whole career.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. For starters I have no desire to drive a set of doubles through the snow in the middle of the night plus I don't want to lose my seniority

9. Brown Biscuit

Brown Biscuit Blind every day

Can’t stop smoking the reefer.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  10. BakerMayfield2018

BakerMayfield2018 Fight the power.

6E3D03D3-D155-42CE-8317-4F93F51771DB.gif

11. porkwagon

porkwagon Active Member

Your wife TOLD you you couldn't? Luv ya brother but that makes me wanna cry.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. rod

rod retired and happy

Most guys who would sign a feeder bid at my old center would end up pulling their name off because their wives didn't want to be home alone at night. I solved that problem when I first started UPS by taking my wife with me sometimes on a Friday night. bj's on a night time shuttle route were the best :-)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I have never had any desire to do it. I started package in '84 and I could have went to Feeder School five years after that. I hate driving at night and I enjoy my customers. It looks very boring to me, I would go crazy.

14. rod

rod retired and happy

I actually enjoyed the delivery part of my day (MOST of the year). I had great customers and a route I could do blindfolded but that's what delivering the same basic route for 25 years will do for a person. .

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Nine5

Nine5 Member

Agreed on the doubles in the snow!!
    My understanding is your seniority follows you...

16. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Listen up, OoooooooKaaaaaay!

Not everywhere. Some places you go to the bottom of the feeder list.

17. Nine5

Nine5 Member

Gotcha had s feeling it was regional that is a good reason not to go.

18. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

My favorite kind of woman!

19. Siveriano

Siveriano Active Member

I was thinking about putting my name on the list as well, but with this new flavor UPS has been trying since Oct last year i dont see the need.
    I hated the force OT but now things seems much smother
    And also a cooworker that went to feeder 6 weeks ago, already is working inside because there is limited feeders job where he transferred to.

20. Here your seniority doesn't.