High volume

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I actually don’t know what volume numbers here are but I know more routes are in and the routes that are in aren’t exactly lighter than years past.

Anyone else noticing higher than normal summer volume?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
In my building there is helper sign up sheets for next week for prime days, too bad I will be on vacation next week to care.
I mean I expect prime days to be heavy. That’s obvious but we’ve got routes in consistently 4 days per week this summer that normally only run 2-3 in the summer.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
There are certain metric numbers that management is still being told to hit despite the heavy days.
Just dumb decisions like having these junk routes that are guaranteed to have service failures/help from other drivers. Preload starting at regular times but tons of double-shifting and high seniority time that, at the end of the day, does not contribute towards taking 1 package and putting it into 1 package car.

It would make more sense to spread the heavy volume evenly, and roll back start times for everyone. Probably a numbers game behind why this is not happening. With managers, PD, etc desperate to hide the problems.

ManInBrown

Yeah. Crazy busy. They actually had the nerve to ask me to pull an extra leg yesterday. I declined. The AC in the tractor had me feeling a little under the weather. There was icicles forming on the dashboard. Stay hydrated package drivers

Hot Carl

We got absolutely blindsided on Tuesday. Every single driver was on the clock and pulling their own stuff off the belt so they sent all the preloaders home at around 10:20 so almost all of our Air was late. They had to adjust all the preload start times to what they were at the height of peak and ran helpers every single day this week. And next week will be worse.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
BD20CAE5-AFBF-47A2-BD84-EF9936597818.gif
We got absolutely blindsided on Tuesday. Every single driver was on the clock and pulling their own stuff off the belt so they sent all the preloaders home at around 10:20 so almost all of our Air was late. They had to adjust all the preload start times to what they were at the height of peak and ran helpers every single day this week. And next week will be worse.

MattM

My building has been seeing peak like levels since April or so. But it’s only been amazon air volume that’s seen the uptick. I feel they’re pushing extra volume on purpose. Some of our air destinations haven’t exactly seen an increase in population or median incomes. Our jets have increased in numbers too.

We now push amazon into a non priority pile. If we have room for your 130lb jack hammer, it gets loaded last.

I fear for what peak will actually look like. I’m getting some of the best hours and OT i have ever had.

A light air day used to be 6-7 ulds. Now we cheer when we see it’s only 10.

It’s pushing our gateway to actually work non stop. No down time.

To compare, the heaviest of peak days would get 16, maybe 18 ulds to run sort. Now we’re consistently getting 16 for an average Wednesday.

Aka, it’s peak like hustle everyday since April.

Amazon also decreased the size of the slic (zip code). You tell me they aren’t doing this crap on purpose.

Last edited: