hire date?

Macbrother

I don't believe "seasonal hires" start until mid to late October but contact your steward to be sure. (If you dont know who he is, ask the guy who works beside you.) You can also ask the FT preload supervisor (probably the one you interviewed with, perhaps along with the HR person who contacted you). This is obviously a very important distinction because if you are considered seasonal then the next three months will be washed down the drain as it relates to your seniority, raises, etc.

When you filled out your app both online (perhaps in person as well) did it spell out for you that this was seasonal? If not you should be good. Most likely you are now under a 30 day "training period," show up on time, put up with the unrealistic production expectations as best you can and keep your misloads low-to-zero and you'll be fine, more or less.

Johney

For most Oct-Dec are seasonal,but keep track of all your Sept days because I think if you are called back after the new year(Jan 1) anything from Sept to Oct counts towards seniority. Only because you will not make 30 days before Oct.

Kis124

anyone hired in Sept in our hub is considered seasonal. Does NOT count towards seniority. I was hired in Sept of "07...but my seniority date is Jan of "08. I guess it just differs from region to region

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Here, seasonal employees are from Oct 1st - Dec 31st. Here, you are a perm employee and your seniority date will be 9/4/12 upon 30 working days

L

Loufan

I was hired in late October and wasn't considered seasonal. In my building (might've changed since then) you were seasonal if you were hired the week before Thanksgiving. Even though i didn't get my seniority until a few days into January, i was still considered a year-round employee.

klolx

Not really. I was hired September 21 and became a part time regular. My co worker got hired during peak and still working there.

I already quit though....lol