Hired as full time driver ?

Savvy412

Short info

Warehouse 6 years
Driver school
Worked last year as seasonal hire

So this year in late October I signed a bid for full time driver. Got it,trained, worked all nov-dec. I have like 2 more days for my 30.

But I got a text this am saying don't come in, 53e got cut today. So now I'm Paranoid. Is my driving time over now that peak is over ? Or maybe my route is messed up due to holidays and it will probably change some. I asked "all week" and he said no .What does that full time bid I got really mean or entitle me too ?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Short info

Warehouse 6 years
Driver school
Worked last year as seasonal hire

So this year in late October I signed a bid for full time driver. Got it,trained, worked all nov-dec. I have like 2 more days for my 30.

But I got a text this am saying don't come in, 53e got cut today. So now I'm Paranoid. Is my driving time over now that peak is over ? Or maybe my route is messed up due to holidays and it will probably change some. I asked "all week" and he said no .What does that full time bid I got really mean or entitle me too ?
You started driving in late October....after the Oct 15th cutoff date. How can you be 2 days from making book as a driver if the 28 days you actually worked were during the free period?

Savvy412

You started driving in late October....after the Oct 15th cutoff date. How can you be 2 days from making book as a driver if the 28 days you actually worked were during the free period?

Damn then they lied to me. I dont understand why it doesnt count. I didnt have a helper and as a brand new driver did 220-240 stops a day!!! lol

Savvy412

Damn then they lied to me. I dont understand why it doesnt count. I didnt have a helper and as a brand new driver did 220-240 stops a day!!! lol

So when does the 30 period start back up again? after December? That sucks so bad thinking I have to do another 30 days.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

To the OP----do yourself a favor and ignore the "advice" of a preloader.

You should be back on road tomorrow and the days worked this week should give you the days needed to make book. Congrats.

ChicagosPrimeMinister

What rhmyes with UPS?

Your route was a peak route, I'm
Guessing it was 95% res off other routes. Most likely they put it back on the original routes. If they don't call you by January, then welp.....
53e was an easy route to me anyway:biggrin:

El Correcto

god is dead
At least make your 30 before you start filing. If they think you are going to be a "trouble driver" they will lose your packet or demote you to seasonal. I've seen them do this in the short time I've been driving. Best bet if you haven't cleared probation is to sit down and talk with them about it.