Hired full time as driver but hasn’t been brought back yet

jhfish524

I started as a seasonal driver in November and they hired me full time about 3 1/2 months ago. They said they would give me a heads up about a week before they were going to officially bring me back. I haven’t heard anything since that time. I call consistently to check up and no one ever has any info for me. And now I just found out that they just switched up all the sips and my center manager was transferred. I’m not to sure what to do. I really want to wait it out because I truly do want to be a ups package car driver. But not getting any info in almost 4 months is mind blowing and I’ve had to put my life on hold waiting for that call to come back. Should I be looking for another job?

trickpony1

Go in everyday just before start time, in uniform, ready to work.
Introduce yourself to the new center manager and ORS.
Show some initiative.

RolloTony Brown Town

I started as a seasonal driver in November and they hired me full time about 3 1/2 months ago. They said they would give me a heads up about a week before they were going to officially bring me back. I haven’t heard anything since that time. I call consistently to check up and no one ever has any info for me. And now I just found out that they just switched up all the sips and my center manager was transferred. I’m not to sure what to do. I really want to wait it out because I truly do want to be a ups package car driver. But not getting any info in almost 4 months is mind blowing and I’ve had to put my life on hold waiting for that call to come back. Should I be looking for another job?

If you were hired full time then you are guaranteed 8 hours. Start showing up. Is your steward or local aware of the situation?

It’s been 3 months max since you stopped driving... You were told they would call you a week before? You’re probably just a seasonal driver that they never hired on but they lead you to believe you would have a job. Shop steward should be able to figure this out for you.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Your center manager was transferred? Oldest trick in the book!

F

Frankie's Friend

Go to the building where you were "hired" as full time (as an off the street hire I presume) and see if your name is posted on a seniority sheet. If you were hired in as a permanent full time driver you would have received healthcare info even though you didnt qualify yet since you havent worked.

If your application said "Seasonal" they have the upper hand in whether you were permanently hired in or dumped after the second week of Jan.

Dough99

You dodged that bullet..

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
3 1/2 months and NO call? What's the hurry probably should wait a little longer for that phone call, some guys are still getting calling back from peak 2017 to drive.

Brisket

Sounds like a 22.4 driver, oh wait... never mind.