Hired to drive FT. Any pitfalls to watch for in getting my 30 days?

OptimusPrime

Have done a decent amount of seasonal driving, but I have waited a long time for this opportunity so I don't want to mess it up.

rocket man

look around in the bldg you work at? you have to ask on this site turn in your keys now are you people in some kind of a bubble? this site is getting to be the biggiest waste .

UPSGUY72

1. Don't call in
2. Don't get into an accident.
3. Don't leave Packages at questionable DR locations you don't need a follow up.
4. Work the methods
5. You need to be improving each day and running scratch or close by the end..
6. don't get hurt
7. Have fun it only a job...

Indecisi0n

Don't spas out. Think of it this way, if you get into an accident your gone. If you don't scratch chances are you will still get the job.

top dollar

Just take it one stop at a time the packages will come off!! I love this job the people I have met. Most of my coworkers are awesome. Just be safe breath. Welcome to the best and worst job you will ever have!!

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Do not use the Co supplied padlock to secure the Co supplied handcarts inside the Co facility at night (too many duplicate or master keys around). Bring your own lock!

rocket man

1. Don't call in
3. Don't leave packages at questionable dr locations you don't need a follow up.
4. Work the methods
6. Don't get hurt
have fun ? No but the rest of your sugestions are what we get paid to do .

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
1. Don't call in
3. Don't leave Packages at questionable DR locations you don't need a follow up.
4. Work the methods
6. don't get hurt
8 NEVER miss a pick up
9 NO LATE AIR!!!
10 If you make a mistake,own up to it. dont lie or blame someone else

Bad Gas!

8 NEVER miss a pick up
9 NO LATE AIR!!!
10 If you make a mistake,own up to it. dont lie or blame someone else

11)
Dont make any plans during the week.
12)Tell your family you will see them on the weekend.
13)Get to know the other swing drivers for area knowledge.

Logb17

Lets see, I got in an accident(minor), called in, had late air, had a misdelivery, and still made it. Why? I was running scratch on the full route on day 4.
If you have previous experience using the board and handling the truck you will breeze by. After 2-3 days by yourself youll have the route down.

UPSGUY72

11)
Dont make any plans during the week.
12)Tell your family you will see them on the weekend.
13)Get to know the other swing drivers for area knowledge.

14) You might not have time to take your lunch but still have to put it in the board. (do what ever you have to safely to make your 30 days )

gostillerz

Get a printout of the route for Friday. Drive it on Saturday and Sunday, make notes on a map of number breaks, landmarks, safe driveways to go into, stuff like that. What really helped me was using google maps satellite view. I'd just stare at it for an hour or two and it starts sinking in. If the load is really bad, take some time to sort that section 1000's at a time. Searching for the packages is my biggest time killer.

Besides that, once you clear up 3ft of space on a shelf, push the rest up. If you want to cheat and are in a safe area, leave the bulkhead door key in the lock. If you start getting really flustered, stop for a few minutes. When you rush, you make mistakes.

My center is really mellow with stuff. If you don't run someone over or have 50 missed in a day, you're in. Don't stress it.

Indecisi0n

Get a printout of the route for Friday. Drive it on Saturday and Sunday, make notes on a map of number breaks, landmarks, safe driveways to go into, stuff like that. What really helped me was using google maps satellite view. I'd just stare at it for an hour or two and it starts sinking in. If the load is really bad, take some time to sort that section 1000's at a time. Searching for the packages is my biggest time killer.

Besides that, once you clear up 3ft of space on a shelf, push the rest up. If you want to cheat and are in a safe area, leave the bulkhead door key in the lock. If you start getting really flustered, stop for a few minutes. When you rush, you make mistakes.

My center is really mellow with stuff. If you don't run someone over or have 50 missed in a day, you're in. Don't stress it.

I thought about going this but i don't want to get into bad habits.

gostillerz

I thought about going this but i don't want to get into bad habits.

I know, but I've always fumbled with keys. The main reason I do it now though is anytime I take the key out of the ignition to the bulkhead, I always get shocked. It just gets annoying. My oncars know I do it and anytime they ride with me, that's the first thing they do. Getting zapped 200 times a day sucks.

Try and keep the time you spend in the back of the car to a minimum. Move your stops up to the front of the car and just step in there about a foot. Don't scan in cab scan on the way to the stop. Learn their methods and do them over and over again. Try and improve every day you are trying to qualify and the improvement you show will prove you can do this job. There is a good chance the time study for your training route will be impossible so your steady improvement will go a long way. Best of luck

Indecisi0n

I know, but I've always fumbled with keys. The main reason I do it now though is anytime I take the key out of the ignition to the bulkhead, I always get shocked. It just gets annoying. My oncars know I do it and anytime they ride with me, that's the first thing they do. Getting zapped 200 times a day sucks.

haha, i noticed that the other day. I never had that issue before but for the last week i have. Like you said, everytime that key touches the lock, ZAP!