Hiring after the class. UPS how does it work.

sarao

I passed the 1 week class and the test and I was waiting for there call, they called me when I was at my other job and asked me if I could come in on the same day, what am I supposed to say I said I'm at work can we reschedule for some other day. I did not get a call after that now it has been 3 weeks. I applied for package delivery driver.

In the UPS application I had mentioned that I'm currently employed so aren't they suppose to call ahead of time, and give me time to quit my other job.

Last edited:

km3

Yeah, either they won't call you again, or your name is at the bottom of the list now.

Why did you apply for a seasonal delivery position if you had another job?

km3

I
I did answer the phone but I was working at my other job

I don't know what you know about UPS benefits or top driver pay, but I would've walked out on the spot to start at UPS...if it really was a permanent position, anyway. Which in your case, it almost certainly was not.

km3

You may think you screwed up, but they might still try to call you one more time if you're still interested.

Personally, I think you inadvertently did the right thing. Don't quit a job you already have for a seasonal position.