Hiring Events

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Our station recently had one, and it was a total flop. Despite advertising, managers clad in dorky t-shirts, free bottled water(!!!), and on-site drug testing, only a handful of people showed-up. I don't know if anyone actually got hired, but I hope not for their sake. My guess is that our station is at least 30 people down, although management won't confirm a definitive figure.

Word is definitely out that FedEx is to be avoided at all costs. The few employees we've hired in recent months are either retirees or the absolutely desperate. Performance is about what you'd expect. Ah, Karma...

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I find it awfully difficult to believe that the enticement of free bottled water and drug-screening didn't draw more of a crowd.....sometimes there just ain't no figgerin' folks.

fedex_rtd

The current hiring pool is so shallow it's sad. We are short at our location, and the one driver that we did hire for an RTD position, would have never made it inside the door back in 1997 as a handler, much less a driver.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
image.jpg

Gonna be an ugly Peak at my bldg if they can't get people to come in on a regular Friday.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I also have a friend, another driver, who makes up her own start time every morning. Her schedule says 0730, she shows up when she feels like it. Lol.
I lied...I forgot about last peak....i overslept, work up five minutes before start time and was an hour late. However, I'd gotten hurt at work the day before and was on light duty in small sort. So, management was just so happy that I showed up so it wasn't a time lost injury...they said nothing about my lateness....lol

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Used to be they'd force people to work but now looks like if they don't ask politely people will quit.

They only get away with that kind of stuff at smaller stations. It would never fly at my station. Where I live is a very transient area and wasn't as hard hit, jobs wise, as the rest of the country. Too many other job options. Plus, I'm sure they wouldn't want a repeat of the "sick out" months ago.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Wut? Discipline you say? That's old school. They're just happy for people to show up.

People get away with murder, but let their stops per hour be off.... Write up.

The decline of discipline is about the only silver lining from current events. You're right...they're just happy if people bother to show-up. Increasingly, more and more employees will call-in sick and leave them up :censored2: Creek. Like Mr.7 says..."friend' em.".