Hiring Feeders in the Chicago Area?

martymaniaman

Hi everyone!
I applied for a feeder positions at the Palatine and Hodgkins, but keep getting there no are appointment slots available currently. Is this normal, why keep the job posting up if you can't even get an interview slot? Second question does UPS run sleeper teams out of Palatine, or just from Hodgkins? Have 3 years CDL experience, should I wait for a CDL position to open up, or put in 6 months as a package handler to get my foot in the door?
Thanks!

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Keep waiting, one will come up. My very first one opened up with only 2 hours to get to the interview. 180 miles away.

I made it there pretty late, snuck in, aaaand It became a career! No regrets here most paths at UPS are flexible and you can pick your path a lot sooner nowadays than later...

WannaBeFeeder

Hi everyone!
I applied for a feeder positions at the Palatine and Hodgkins, but keep getting there no are appointment slots available currently. Is this normal, why keep the job posting up if you can't even get an interview slot? Second question does UPS run sleeper teams out of Palatine, or just from Hodgkins? Have 3 years CDL experience, should I wait for a CDL position to open up, or put in 6 months as a package handler to get my foot in the door?
Thanks!
Hodgkins is always hiring, but you just missed a hiring surge as i was told back in April that they were bringing on 10 sleep team drivers every Monday because they had a “ couple hundred openings “. Here is a number you can text (708) 782-6359 about Feeder openings at hodgkins

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Hi everyone!
Thanks!
Q2: There are sleeper teams run out of Palatine, but not many.
Q3: What type of tractor-trailer driving do you want to do? If you want to be a "road" or "sleeper team" driver in the Chicago area, do not get hired in as package handler or package car driver. Road/team driving is Local 710 work. "City" (customer pickups, some deliveries, shuttles to/from other local hubs/centers/railyards, and yard shifting) is Local 705; which is what you would be in as a package handler/package car driver. There is no provision to jump from being an employee in a Local 705 job to a "road/team" Local 710 job.

The farther out you get from Chicago, you get out of Local 705's jurisdiction and into Local 710. For example: Hammond IN, Joliet, DeKalb, and Rockford are Local 710. (Lockport Il is Local 705).

quad decade guy

Keep waiting, one will come up. My very first one opened up with only 2 hours to get to the interview. 180 miles away.

I made it there pretty late, snuck in, aaaand It became a career! No regrets here most paths at UPS are flexible and you can pick your path a lot sooner nowadays than later...

Really? How so? Never encountered ANY flexibility at UPS about anything.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Really? How so? Never encountered ANY flexibility at UPS about anything.
well here's one example, a 22.4 That's his bluff called and can't drive a standard... Dispatch switches to load to an automatic truck. You take advantage of the same type of Chaos and mismanagement... Fall through the cracks, and you get what you want. At least that's how I've gone through life

quad decade guy

well here's one example, a 22.4 That's his bluff called and can't drive a standard... Dispatch switches to load to an automatic truck. You take advantage of the same type of Chaos and mismanagement... Fall through the cracks, and you get what you want. At least that's how I've gone through life

Ok. Every pkg driver tested at our hub had to qualify with a std. trans. They had an old std. pkg car just for that. Just like in feeders. There will always be someone zooming the system. Personally, I find it shameful.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Ok. Every pkg driver tested at our hub had to qualify with a std. trans. They had an old std. pkg car just for that. Just like in feeders. There will always be someone zooming the system. Personally, I find it shameful.
They dont even do real road tests anymore. They just have the potential employee log into xbox live and do a couple laps on forza motorsport from home.