Hiring Freeze?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Htedenzer, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Htedenzer

Htedenzer New Member

Is there still a hiring freeze going on?

2. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

Better not be , the last 4 PCMS have been about “ growth” and “ expanding the company “

3. Htedenzer

Htedenzer New Member

What’s PCMS?

4. When you first get to work and you walk to your package car. Package Car Movement

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  5. Htedenzer

Htedenzer New Member

Ah ok. This is for an office position. Been getting the run around about there being a hiring freeze for almost a months now. Just seeing what’s the deal. Anyone know if it’s been officially lifted?

6. I heard that but thought because of the holiday they aren’t doing classes or hiring next week

7. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

MANAGEMENT IS THE ENEMY , TREAT THEM AS SUCH , TIME FOR WAR!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Office work doesn’t mean they’re management. They didn’t even know what a pcm was..calm down brother

9. Htedenzer

Htedenzer New Member

Haven’t started and it seems like a nightmare already lol

10. It’s the best nightmare though, the benefits are non comparable, the work is tough but it’s worth it.

11. Htedenzer

Htedenzer New Member

And that’s why I’m just waiting it out..

12. Are you already employed by ups?

13. Htedenzer

Htedenzer New Member

Nope, not officially. Just had my interview in late feb, and still waiting to start. Been keeping in contact with the people who interviewed me and they said I can’t start yet cause of a hiring freeze.. last I heard from them was last week.

14. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

Don’t be a supervisor, become a driver

15. Keep at em, honestly this will be the job you regretted not to get, it’s tough but it can become a real career. Stay at it and good luck. Also maybe talk to locations in your area. Some might need people while others might not

16. Htedenzer

Htedenzer New Member

Yeah it’s a good office job, from what I got at the interview there’s lots of room to grow and move around. I’ll give them a call on Monday, hopefully something is sorted out by then

17. It’s probably been so long bc office jobs don’t open up very often, if you want in, go to preload. Move around from there, I’ve usualy only ever seen women filling those spots. Could be coincidence. Who knows.

18. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Yes, worked 4 over 9.5’s this week, that’s after using an option day for the 5th. Only thing frozen here is their desire to put more routes in.

19. Htedenzer

Htedenzer New Member

Tell that to the people giving me the runaround since February lol

20. Well summer busy season is just kicking off give it just a little longer and keep up with getting in.