Hiring freeze?

charm299

Does ups have a hiring freeze right now? Because we short on preloaders and some of the preloaders now want to go to school and get qualified but nothing is happening.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Does ups have a hiring freeze right now? Because we short on preloaders and some of the preloaders now want to go to school and get qualified but nothing is happening.
Heard they put integrad on hold. They stopped training feeder drivers for a few months but just saw an orientation class of like 25 people so they are about to ramp things back up here.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
We’d hire a broomstick if it had a decent SPORH around here....that’s how desperate we are. We’ve got a ton going through training right now. I believe intergrad has been fast tracked not canceled. But who knows what’s going on where you’re out. I’m in NorCal.

AwashBwashCwash

Here we had a bunch of leftover seasonal workers.
Seniority employees were getting to choose to do layoffs virtually any day they wanted. It was quite nice.
Management flipped out and got rid of all the extra "seasonals" because "it isn't worth paying your benefits if you don't work 5 days a week."
So they cut the payroll to the bare minimum required to run the operation. Now if even one person calls in, the entire preload is screwed.
Went from one extreme to the other in about a week.

WannaBeFeeder

Depends on the location some centers are heavy and others don’t have much work. I hear CACH is bringing on 5 sleeper Teams every Monday (10 ppl)

barnyard

KTM rider
We are still hiring preloaders. We also have drivers working the preload and local sort. Some drivers are working their vacations as part of the 'covid banking' that someone cooked up.

barnyard

KTM rider
I did not either. I deliver to a pharmacist and he said that most of the people that he see get it are off work for a month. He said that if you have savings to last a month, you should be OK, unless you are put on a vent.

9.5er

Getting slammed at my building. They are dragging their feet on hiring drivers and preloaders. Seems like they are waiting til temp season gets here. No 22.4s here.

CentralSup

I wouldnt put it past UPS to put on a hiring freeze starting June. I don't have much information from HR, but we were told all staffing has to be set by May 30th. That could mean inner rumblings. Who knows what the company will pull out of its ass.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We have a yard full of rental vans and anybody that can drive is on the road. I know I have bailed out a Preloader/22.4 driver several times. PVDs start working tomorrow, I'm glad I'm on vacation this week.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have a yard full of rental vans and anybody that can drive is on the road. I know I have bailed out a Preloader/22.4 driver several times. PVDs start working tomorrow, I'm glad I'm on vacation this week.

Take some time this week to put in your paperwork and move on to the next phase in your life. You will not regret it.