Hiring

Tony Q

Prepare yourself to be a whipping boy. This job can chew you up and spit you out. You can make a good living for yourself, but its a hard road.

A good guy

-Memories the 5 and 10's
-the diad is not as intimidating as it looks
-take your breaks as a driver, no matter the route

Good luck.

DjsmoothB

I’m not sure but I know ups drivers make more then postal carriers that been there for over 27 years. I know someone that works for ups and he’s making 36 per hour and only been there for 11 years..

sikidiki

Expect them to ask you about your driving experience among other saftey related things, also area knowledge, if you say you delivered for the post office and know the roads around the area you are in you might be a shoe in. They also might ask you if you wanna work preload and work your way to driver if there are no spots open, even though they are hiring, and what position is it for full or part time? If they say full time, expect not to work very often for a while because you will be at the bottom of the totem pole unless they really need drivers. You work depending on the amount of routes they have and your seniority status so if you are just hired you are the last one called. You will find out what muscles you never used after your first day climbing in and out of a package car as well, you will be mouth breathing and winded, after a while your body will adapt and you will be golden. I started in the middle of summer, i thought i was gonna die, i thought i was smart bringing gatorades in their plastic bottles, by the time i went to get a drink i had lava hot gatorade and it wasn't very refreshing lol.

sikidiki

Big difference between carrying an envelope and a trampoline to someone's house.

My worst mistake was a heavy entertainment center up 3 flights of stairs to an apartment, misread the address, had to take it all the way back down to my PC and deliver it to the correct place another 3 flights up.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
You want a warm up for ups, put 50lbs of bricks in a box and carry up and down the stairs to your unlit cellar about 50 times with a timer set to 10 minutes , with a friend standing there telling you that you suck and are worthless !!
That’s a warm up

DjsmoothB

Expect them to ask you about your driving experience among other saftey related things, also area knowledge, if you say you delivered for the post office and know the roads around the area you are in you might be a shoe in. They also might ask you if you wanna work preload and work your way to driver if there are no spots open, even though they are hiring, and what position is it for full or part time? If they say full time, expect not to work very often for a while because you will be at the bottom of the totem pole unless they really need drivers. You work depending on the amount of routes they have and your seniority status so if you are just hired you are the last one called. You will find out what muscles you never used after your first day climbing in and out of a package car as well, you will be mouth breathing and winded, after a while your body will adapt and you will be golden. I started in the middle of summer, i thought i was gonna die, i thought i was smart bringing gatorades in their plastic bottles, by the time i went to get a drink i had lava hot gatorade and it wasn't very refreshing lol.
Full time driver position that’s what the app said.. what would be the pay for a new driver ?

Tony Q

I’m coming from the Post office so I know all about it and I’m more then ready
You are going to the Majors from the Japanese league. You will be playing a full 162 with two rounds of playoffs plus a wildcard game, just to get in. Don't forget to factor in the Spring training. The World Series will be your peak season. See in the Japanese league there isn't the heave lifting. These packages will be heavy. I know you might have had to lean out the window all day or been a letter carrier, but thats totally different.