History of Peak Season

Hadjabear

What year did Peak Season become defined?

Was it always Thanksgiving thru Christmas or did it start out as like 1 week and expand from there?

When did no vacations during peak season come about?

Were vacations always in weeks at a time? (Yes I know about single day vacations, but that's only some not all time off)

Finally, when seasonal employees were first allowed was there a push to get back vacations during peak?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What year did Peak Season become defined?

Was it always Thanksgiving thru Christmas or did it start out as like 1 week and expand from there?

When did no vacations during peak season come about?

Were vacations always in weeks at a time? (Yes I know about single day vacations, but that's only some not all time off)

Finally, when seasonal employees were first allowed was there a push to get back vacations during peak?
Ask again in 3 months. We refuse to talk peak before November.

Future

Victory Ride
Peak is 52 weeks a year now.
IMG_4311.JPG

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Peak is no more. Working the day after Thanksgiving permanently solved that problem according to management.

I send bricked out cars every day. I heard during peak that it's not gonna be shoving every tiny item as possible in there.. just more routes.

Last year it wasn't uncommon for my driver and I to head out, finish commercial and air, come back to load a decent car, cutoff for pickups, drop off and load again if feasible, work until the DIAD said to.

That center was in Portland Metro.. that's not how it normally went the two years before that.. I was kind of surprised.