Hockey seaaaaason sooooon!

DS

Fenderbender
Wake up ol'browneye...sure hockey doesn't have all the excitement that you get from shuffleboard or bowling,:wink2:but some of us like the only sport left except boxing where they let the boys duke it out now and then.:hockeyplayer:

Yes Mike I am looking forward to the coming season but will stop short of making any predictions until we get a few games in.

klein

Für Meno :)
Wake up ol'browneye...sure hockey doesn't have all the excitement that you get from shuffleboard or bowling,:wink2:but some of us like the only sport left except boxing where they let the boys duke it out now and then.:hockeyplayer:

Yes Mike I am looking forward to the coming season but will stop short of making any predictions until we get a few games in.

I'll make a prediction : Oilers going into playoffs (finally) !
Sweden -USA in the bronze medal game in Vancouver.
Canada -Russia for gold, and Canada winning it.

Oh, and what happened to Theo Fleury ? Only lastyed 1 game ! Too old and too slow ! LOL

bigbrownhen

For DS and Mike:

Hockey? My grandma used to refer to manure as "cow hockey". Is there some similarities to what you are asking about in this thread? Didn't realize there was a season for this, must be for you folks up north. Never heard of such a thing down here??:wink2::funny:

JK, go Redwings right??

ol'browneye

I actually like to watch hockey in person. (Can't stand it on tv!) But I haven't been to a game since the Blues had ol' Brett Hull.

DS

Fenderbender
For DS and Mike:

Hockey? My grandma used to refer to manure as "cow hockey". Is there some similarities to what you are asking about in this thread? Didn't realize there was a season for this, must be for you folks up north. Never heard of such a thing down here??:wink2::funny:

JK, go Redwings right??

Co Potter on "mash" used the term horse hockey to intimate

M

Mike23

For DS and Mike:

JK, go Redwings right??

Actually, she likely referred to it as 'manure' hockey as the first hockey pucks were made from cow poop...a little history lesson for ya :D

M

Mike23

So, this was the conversation of Sunday night...

DS] 9:28 pm: thats normal
[bigbrownhen] 9:28 pm: Ok, guys, sorry to yap about my kids again, what's a good topic? anything but hockey
[Mike23] 9:29 pm: I've heard it's normal...especially from DS
[Mike23] 9:29 pm: awww...I had a great hockey song though!
[DS] 9:31 pm: mike check out lighten ups...klein
[bigbrownhen] 9:32 pm: man, thats sad, no one can think of anything
[Mike23] 9:32 pm: what? His predictions? At least he didn't predict the leafs winning the cup otherwise I'd laugh my butt off
[DS] 9:32 pm: ok I gotta go
[Brown Cafe]: DS has left at 9:33 pm
[Mike23] 9:33 pm: He had to go because I mentioned the Leafs, haha
[Brown Cafe]: BrownArmy has left at 9:33 pm

Ahem...Ironic that DS, who works in Toronto, left when the Leafs were brought up? Any comment, DS or is your tail so far between your legs that it's stuffed your mouth?

tarbar66

Ditto...the only good thing involving hockey is the movie "Slapshot" with Paul Newman.

Now he made it worth watching!

I love that movie too.

I grew up in Johnstown(Charlestown) so I knew all about hockey, the steel mills and where a lot of the outdoor scene's were shot. The War Memorial Arena still stands today and the ECHL team changed their name from the Jets to the Chiefs after the hit movie.

I'm a Penguin fan now cause I moved after High School.

DS

Fenderbender
So, this was the conversation of Sunday night...

[Mike23] 9:32 pm: what? His predictions? At least he didn't predict the leafs winning the cup otherwise I'd laugh my butt off
[DS] 9:32 pm: ok I gotta go
[Brown Cafe]: DS has left at 9:33 pm
[Mike23] 9:33 pm: He had to go because I mentioned the Leafs, haha
Ahem...Ironic that DS, who works in Toronto, left when the Leafs were brought up? Any comment, DS or is your tail so far between your legs that it's stuffed your mouth?

Mike, get real...I have no connection to the leafs other than the fact that T.O. is our home town. I buy a lottery ticket every week knowing my chances of winning are 5 million to one,which is only slightly higher than them winning the cup.It just so happens that on Sundays,my wife and I like to give each other a nice back/neck rub.Seeing that nobody in the chat had anything interesting to say,I logged out for just that.

Don't get me wrong,I will probobly watch every leaf game this season(or at least the 3rd period due to 10 hr days)and you know what? I bet that they will win quite a few and I'll keep buying a lottery ticket every week too.