Hodgkins Pt Handler to Ft How to apply

Jenessa

How does a part time package handler put a bid in to become fulltime? I have asked several people and there has been a lot of conflicting answers. Is this something I would see on the upsers internal job forum if positions become available?

upschuck

On hubs bulletin board, union jobs are posted. All you have to do is sign the sheet, and highest senioritied person gets the job.

RxSatellite

To FT drive? If I were you I'd highly recommend trying to do PT air and SVD driving to learn the area and get your feet wet with practice before you try and qualify. As a combo driver I made 2 to 4 times as much as I did just package handling depending on the time of year (sometimes up to 55 hours), so IMO its worth it.

Of course it's possible to jump straight in (lots have) but unless youre an extremely fast learner or your center is desperate then youre gonna struggle and theyll assume youre biting off more than you can chew.

ihateloading

Go up to the hill and sign a bid sheet in the office. I did this for feeder driver back before peak season but I gotta have my CDL first to sign it smh

Not to discourage you but if you want a FT inside job FT’ers tell me they waited YEARS for it. One guy told me he had to wait 17 yrs to become a FT loader

If you want to drive though, drivers tell me it isn’t a decades long wait, and I believe you can bid in to all Chicago area buildings

RolloTony Brown Town

To FT drive? If I were you I'd highly recommend trying to do PT air and SVD driving to learn the area and get your feet wet with practice before you try and qualify. As a combo driver I made 2 to 4 times as much as I did just package handling depending on the time of year (sometimes up to 55 hours), so IMO its worth it.

Of course it's possible to jump straight in (lots have) but unless youre an extremely fast learner or your center is desperate then youre gonna struggle and theyll assume youre biting off more than you can chew.

I totally agree with this. If you have an opportunity to be a PT air driver first then you’ll feel much more comfortable stepping in delivering ground when you attempt to qualify.