Hoffa changes rules in middle of the game

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
According to TDU.ORG that is why they were able to impose this contract.

Must be nice to be able to change the rules when ever you want to.

realbrown1

What is a TDU? Whatever happened to fighting the company and not your own brothers and sisters?

Sent using BrownCafe App
The only one fighting other teamsters is Hoffa.

TDU has done no fighting. They are just shedding some light on this situation.

But I am glad that you have already made up your mind to support Hoffa no matter what. Shows real character or lack of.

Last edited:

ncupser82

The only one fighting other teamsters is Hoffa.

TDU has done no fighting. They are just shedding some light on this situation.

But I am glad that you have already made up your mind to support Hoffa no matter what. Shows real character or lack of.
But this "you're with us or against us" mentality is poisonous! And it serves better in the interest of UPS...and I've learned by now that you hurl insults because you're insecure with yourself; I'm not mad at you!

Sent using BrownCafe App

ncupser82

And I liken your TDU to the Tea Party: not quite real enough to make a difference, but gives enough stink to pretend it matters!

Sent using BrownCafe App

ncupser82

But ask me the same about Hoffa, and I'll give you the same answer...all you got is a bunch of people just talking! Talk, talk, talk, talk, talk....and they'll tell you whatever you want to hear, go home kiss their wife and kids got to bed and forget whatever promise they told you...rinse and repeat!

Sent using BrownCafe App

realbrown1

You know, I just don't get this blind following garbage.

If TDU wins in 2016, and pulls some shenanigans, I will be the first one to call them out on it.

It's clear that Hoffa screwed over 20,000 teamsters by imposing this contract.

Why don't the Hoffa cheerleaders see that.

Last edited:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I am no fan of TDU. I dont subscribe to their meetings or propaganda. I dont judge it either. TDU does have its good points and bad points.

But, our argument isnt about TDU.

Our argument is that our current leadership failed to negotiate a fair contract on our behalfs. It knew in advance that it was going to use the nuclear option, but let us all vote over and over until they ran out of attempts. NOT once, since the "90/9/09" rallies has HALL /HOFFA come to visit any hub and gauge how we were feeling.

Additionally, the company remained completely silent, NOT ONCE putting any pressure on the teamsters to get the contract done.

Together, they screwed us. Some harder than others.(progression 4 years)

No matter who runs against HALL or HOFFA, I will vote for them just to remove the both of them from office.

We have 5 years to develope a game plan for 2018 and including HALL/HOFFA would be a ginormous mistake.

If a TDU candidate is the best option against HALL/HOFFA, then they will have my vote. Regardless of that outcome, there will be another election just prior to the expiration of the next contract and if the TDU candidates cant handle the job, then we vote them out next.

Its about change. CHANGE "WE" CAN BELIEVE IN.

"WE" have the power to make change.. "WE" failed to communicate to HALL/HOFFA what the ramifications would be if they screwed us.

"WE" now have time to make sure they hear us all the way to the unemployment line.

TOS.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
According to TDU.ORG that is why they were able to impose this contract.

Must be nice to be able to change the rules when ever you want to.

Since you didn't even bother to include a link....

https://web.archive.org/web/2014080...secretly-changed-constitution-impose-ups-deal

As much as you want to lead people astray....

TDU admits to "knowing" about the provision in the constitution.

They are just whining, that it was used.

And since you don't know.... (or realize) the General President doesn't vote.

The resolution was voted on, and passed by the General Executive Board.

The only time the General President would vote.... would be in the case of a tie.

-Bug-

* How about them apples ? *

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Do you guys think Hoffa is just trying to be progressive towards business to keep the companies profits high to be able to grow jobs thus making more teamster jobs...trying to be proactive or is there more to it than that...im trying to understand where this is going in the next 5 to 10 years.

ncupser82

Do you guys think Hoffa is just trying to be progressive towards business to keep the companies profits high to be able to grow jobs thus making more teamster jobs...trying to be proactive or is there more to it than that...im trying to understand where this is going in the next 5 to 10 years.
I wouldn't give the man that much credit, but that would be my strategy! Why tank the company that employs most of your members because of a few sour grapes?

Sent using BrownCafe App