Hoffa does not speak for me.

satellitedriver

I don't wantto argue with Sat as I believe he is a intelligent and articulate individual who has a right to his beliefs. I just ask for the same respect. My power comes from the hydro dams around this area. I, personally, don't feel they have this hydrofracking thing down to where I feel comfortable having my aquifer any where near where they might possibly be doing it. I understand the Marcellus Shale deposit(http://oilshalegas.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/mar.JPG) is massive. I am not convinced the technology is safe. JMO.

You already have my respect.
I just want to inform you, and others, that every barrel of oil and cubic feet of natural gas produced in the world since 1942 has come from "fracking" the deposit zone.
Not my job to convince anyone, but, for the last 70yrs we have been drinking water from the same aquifers with few ill effects.
Yes, some past practice has polluted water sources and that problem was, and is being, quickly addressed.
Hydro-electric power plants have had severe ecological impact. It is far from being a "clean" source of energy.
Factoids;
Most of the plastics are made from Natural gas.
-( think milk jugs, cell phones, computers, ect....)-
Most of the ammonia/nitrate fertilizers used for grain stock food production in the USA is derived from natural gas.
Natural gas heats our homes.
Natural gas cooks our meals.
The list is much, much longer.
"fracking" made this abundant resource available.
Water purity is the least of our concerns.
Most disconcerting is our "so called" government willing to import energy that we could produce.

menotyou

bella amicizia
You already have my respect.
I just want to inform you, and others, that every barrel of oil and cubic feet of natural gas produced in the world since 1942 has come from "fracking" the deposit zone.
Not my job to convince anyone, but, for the last 70yrs we have been drinking water from the same aquifers with few ill effects.
Yes, some past practice has polluted water sources and that problem was, and is being, quickly addressed.
Hydro-electric power plants have had severe ecological impact. It is far from being a "clean" source of energy.
Factoids;
Most of the plastics are made from Natural gas.
-( think milk jugs, cell phones, computers, ect....)-
Most of the ammonia/nitrate fertilizers used for grain stock food production in the USA is derived from natural gas.
Natural gas heats our homes.
Natural gas cooks our meals.
The list is much, much longer.
"fracking" made this abundant resource available.
Water purity is the least of our concerns.
Most disconcerting is our "so called" government willing to import energy that we could produce.

Thanks, Sat. Just saw this on the local news site and thought I would share. Interesting.

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Scientists-Drilling-threat-to-water-2173459.php

M
y father's local worked on building those dams. I remember going into his office and seeing the panoramic layout of pictures he had taken of one of the digs. The dig itself just to put one in is stupendous. We live in the area of Abbie Hoffman, ya know. He spent a lot of time in this area stumping on many issues, including hydro-electric plants. I'm not saying we don't need to access that shale, I just don't like the means they are using. Just me.
:peaceful:

Last edited:

Packmule

Re: Hoffa makes a A*S out of Himself for Obama

Precisely why union membership has been steadily dropping since the 1980s. Today's worker is far more sophistocated than our forefathers were. Today we have access to much more information than they did and it doesn't take much to see that old school unions don't really have our best interest at heart. What this country needs--what unions need to flourish again--is a national right to work law that finally makes union bosses accountable to the people they are supposed to represent instead of politicians.