Hoffa does not speak for me.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
tos, I hear that some Party Members are /were Dems. but they have woken up and stopped drinking that tainted kool-aid.
Are they going after the Independents , too ?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
For those that haven't read this yet, bhos' handpicked members of the NLRB have voted to do away with the secret ballot, retroactively to included any votes already taken but not counted .
All deals will now be between the owners of the business and the union.
Employees have no say in the matter.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Just because someone is a democrat, doesn't mean they automatically love Obama. We are in a horrible spot that everyone contributed to. Now, everyone needs to pitch in andget us out of it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Well, you're gonna need someone who knows how to "make" jobs happen.......creating better business environment. Obama doesn't know how, and it's obvious now.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=2]Poll: 81% Say Obama’s Economic Policies Are Not Working…[/h]
There’s a lot of terrible news for President Obama in new polls by the Washington Post-ABC News and the Wall Street Journal-NBC News. The number of Americans who say the country is on the wrong track has risen to its highest level since just before Obama took office — into what one commentator calls the “incumbent death zone.” His job approval rating is down. The number of people who disapprove of his handling of the economy is rocketing upward. And then there is this question, asked by the Post-ABC:
Do you think Obama’s economic program is making the economy better, making it worse, or having no real effect?
Just 17 percent say the president’s program is making the economy better, while 34 percent say Obama’s program is making the economy worse and 47 percent say it is having no real effect. Combine those last two numbers, and 81 percent say the Obama economic program is not working — a devastating number in a country in which economic concerns top all other issues in voters’ minds.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I know, Obama sucks. Ok. For argument sakes, you are right. Obama sucks. Now, what? When a company like UPS is hoarding cash and not hiring, even though they have forced drivers to work 11.5 hours a day, cut routes and diverted volume, what is Obama suppose to do? Put a gun to Scotts head?
What is congress doing besides enjoying a very long vacation?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Amen to this thread. How can some of you be so stupid that you cant think for yourself. It baffles me to see such ignorance. Then again, that's the crowd that put Obama in office. Hows that working out for you? You bunch of sheep.

Sheep?

THe sheep were the idiots that elected GW BUSH twice and the republicans into control of the house and senate in 2000. We wouldnt be in the gigantic mess as a country if it hadnt been for the policies and wreckless spending of the republicans for 8 years. 2 wars, that are still costing us 2 billion dollars a week and countless soldiers lives, YET I dont hear ONE republican supporter calling for an end to these wars and STOP the spending on them.

Instead, they write a blank check for wars that CLEARLY have no objective gains in the future.

"WE" as UPS union members have recieved two tax cuts under OBAMA. (thank you) and its the Republicans who want to RAISE taxes on "US" but wont raise taxes on the top 1%.

The sheeple are the people who believe Ronald Reagan did a good job. IN fact, just yesterday, Herman Cain stated on FOX news that he was just like Reagan, and when countered with the fact that Reagan cut taxes for the top 1%, but RAISED taxes on middle americans 7 times in 8 years and still had a deficit of 3.7 trilion dollars he didnt know what to say other than, "thats just not true".

But the fact is, Cain is wrong. IT is true. People who support the republican party for the most part, dont bother to fact check their information. They just tune into foxed spews and get their thoughts for the day, or they tune into Rush Limbaughs brainwashing for three hours and do the same.

Americans are free to make up their own minds. They chose Obama. He still has strong support in the country. Americans are unhappy with the direction of the country, but the majority of the blame goes to BUSH and the current republicans in the house.

Brother Hoffas remarks are right on the money. Whatever metaphor he used is no different than what Sarah Palin says at every Tea Party rally she attends. "Dont retreat, Just Reload" is her battle cry. I dont see any republicans denouncing this rhetoric.

Brother Hoffa does speak for me, as I intend on standing up for all my Union brothers and sisters across this country.

Peace.

menotyou

bella amicizia
TOS, bush wasn't elected the second time. The Supreme Court, apparently, now has the power to dictate who is president in one of the biggest frauds ever perpetuated on the American people.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Re: Hoffa makes a A*S out of Himself for Obama

It took place in Detroit at Obama's Labor Day speech and Hoffa gave the opening introduction. Here's the clip.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f65xilSDyso

First of all MORELUCK, Hoffa DIDNT GIVE the opening introduction. There were many more speakers before HOFFA, like Richard Trumka, and one afterwards. This clip is a good representation of what he said, rather than the completely edited version shown on foxed spews.

Clearly, from the 20 second mark to the 50 sec mark, Hoffa is clear he is talking about next years november elections. He goes on to say that in November, "we are going to take those sons of bitches" out and he's talking about elected tea party officials.

The Tea party which curently has a 27% favorable rating among americans is already losing its grip on washington. They have talked themselves to death and along with those in congress, they have shown they are bad for america.

FOXED SPEWS would rather you focus on Hoffas words, then the president of the United States. Its how you control the mindset of the weak. Look how it worked on this board. Look how many people posted Hoffas comments in various threads. Thats the power that cable news has on the weak.

Give us a break.

Peace.

hembone

Brownsfan,

What part of hypocrite escapes your thoughts? How can you call yourself a "proud union man" and then dislike the message brother Hoffa is making?

"We" as Union brothers are under "attack" by the Tea Party and its members in congress and senate. As you have seen in many states, Tea Party republicans are trying to take away union workers rights, benefits and reducing wages.

The methodology is simple. Undo the hard work of ALL working union members in the country. They use terms like "right to work states" as if that means something good, when in fact, used in a complete sentence, it means "the right to work for less money".

I am sure you agree that right to work states are better for americans, then states where bargaining unit members earn a good living wage.

Brother Hoffas message was simple, learn our lessons from what the republicans are trying to sell and vote for a democrat next time around. People like Michele Bachman are calling for ending the minimum wage, and other republicans like Darryl Issa would like to see the work week extended to a 50 hour straight time week in california and overtime begining at 60 hours.

I am sure you believe these kinds of changes in wages and benefits is in the middle class americans best interests, right?

There has been a movement in the right wing, and now even more so by the republicans to repeal the "fair labor standards act" and go back to low wages and ZERO benefits. They somehow use the words "personal responsibility" as if that means something good.

What is it about brother Hoffas words that offended you? Going to war? Thats exactly what the republicans have declared on the working man, war.

The working americans need to stand together and march together in this "political war" against the attack on the middle class. If you dont believe or understand that YOUR wages and benefits are under attack, then you dont understand what political ideology means.

The right wing uses the same talking points about taking the country back as Hoffa did, its old, its tired and its harmless.

Americans spoke in Nov. 08 when it elected Barack Obama and it wanted change, and we have changed. There are many good things accomplished by Obama like them or not.

We have it good under Obama, our wages are stable and our company profitable. In fact, profits are up and the company growing. GM, Ford and Chrysler are profitable and back on the rise hiring and building quality products.

I applaud Obama for having the courage to stand behind the american worker and seeing that the automotive industry stays alive in the USA.

If you are telling us you buy the B.S. that the Tea Party is selling, then I would be glad to take your union card and tear it in half.

Peace.
Fantastic post, the best one I've read in a while.

brett636

As a union member and tea party patriot I whole heartedly agree with the original poster. Hoffa is another leftist mouthpiece with a lot to say and almost nothing to back it up. If he considers his members part of his "army" then he should know that I am defecting to the other side as I am a proud American before I am a union member. I can always find another job, even if it isn't as nice as this one, but I cannot find another country like the one we have now, and I do not like the country it is turning into under Obama's leadership.

SteeltownBrown

" One last thing..when is Hoffa going to figure out that Obama could give a rats ass about "working people"..he just wants your union dues for his billion dollar re-election bid...and as soon as he is re-elected he will do for us the same as he has done in his first term...NOTHING..but take your money. "
Well someone will have to pay for flotus' many vacations, why not union members money ?

I can't say I am a big fan of Obama mainly because he doesn't seem to have enough fight in him. But just out of curiosity, who do you think you can vote for out of the current pack that has declared who would serve your best economic interests?

moreluck

golden ticket member

All he was talking about was getting out and voting. Does anyone really think he meant to go into congress with a bunch of machine-guns? Come on, gimme me a break.
Yeah, sure....but when Palin says "lock & load" you're all over her for violent rhetoric......you can't have it both ways!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

Yeah, sure....but when Palin says "lock & load" you're all over her for violent rhetoric......you can't have it both ways!
I don't recall hembone saying anything about Palin. Got a link?